“A big improvement”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This restaurant recently changed hands and name but although it mostly looks the same as before there are some important changes. Firstly it seems a lot brighter and cleaner, a coat of paint has made a big difference. More importantly though the service is much quicker as it was glacial in the past. The food is good and the servings are generous. We went several times with friends and there were no disappointments.
My one suggestion would be in reference to the darker (romantic?) side of the restaurant. A candle on each table would not only add to the atmosphere but enable us older diners to actually see the menu.

3  Thank muskokagal2

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed outside Hope at a B&B and reluctantly drove 15 minutes back to town for dinner at the recommendation of our hosts. NOT DISAPPOINTED! Deliciousness in every bite. Neither of us had tried Greek food before, and this is now a favorite! Great service too--good explanations and recommendations from the wait staff.

Vanessa N, General Manager at Olympic Flame, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Thank you for the great review.
I'm happy you enjoyed your first Greek dinners with us. Looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Visited this restaurant when it was called Papandreas. The new owners have changed the name to Olympic Flame. Isn't that a violation of the IOC (International Olympic Committee) copyright? Maybe the new owners don't know, don't care, or hope no one notices.

I am following a low-carb weight-loss plan so asked the server if I could have the grilled prawns with green salad and no rice and potatoes. She made a comment to the effect, yes, they raise the GI index. Was she trying to impress me with her knowledge, or simply giving free medical advice? I went there to eat - not have my health scrutinized or commented upon.

I enjoyed the prawns, but the "green" salad was horrible. Anaemic and bitter. How long had that pathetic head of iceberg lettuce been sitting in the cooler?

One of the owners apologized for the delay in service; a large party had arrived before I did. That was nice. Thank-you. I was close to this party; many of the meals looked very good, and I did not hear any complaints.

Improve the "green" salad and tell the servers to mind their own bloody business, and I just may return.

Oh....one more thing about salads - the Greek salad. I saw many being carried out of the kitchen with one solitary Greek olive ceremoniously placed on top like it was the Holy Grail. The previous owners did same. I laughed to myself because that is so chintzy. Do you think you could give that one lonely olive some company?

Reviewed 31 July 2013

After a long day's drive, we decided to take some time out for dinner. We love greek food and this restaurant did not disappoint. The chicken souvlaki was great and they were very accommodating making a pasta dish for our vegetarian daughter. Very friendly servers and the prices were very reasonable. Our server recommended the baklava which was made by the owner and it was a wonderful dessert.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We use to go to the restaurant when it was under other owners, and saw that it had new owners and decided to try it. We were very pleased with the service, and the food. We like roast lamb, and this was falling off the bone. The waitress was very nice and cheerful. The other owners served the lamb later, and so sometimes we were around 5 pm and it wasn't ready. We were very pleased that we were able to order it at 4:30 when we arrived, as we were traveling through.