“I Wont Be Going There Again!”

Silver Chalice Pub & Liquor Store
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Hope
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hope, Canada
“I Wont Be Going There Again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I won’t recommend the Silver Chalice to anyone anymore. My wife and I had gone to “Wing Night Wednesdays” about once a month and I had found the larger wings to sometimes show some red by the bone. Still for $6.00 a dozen (and I usually get 2 dozen my wife 1) they were a good deal. We went on May 29th and skipped the June 5th ones and I had decided to go down for some today, June 12th. I had heard somewhere on a Hope social site that the wings were on sale for $3.00 a dozen so I phoned the Silver Chalice to check and see if this was true. The waitress that answered the phone informed me that the sale was no longer on. I asked if it had been on for only last week (the week I missed) and she informed me that no “the sale had been on for the previous 3 weeks”. I went through my wallet and found my bill for May 29th and saw that they had charged me the full $6.00 per doz. and $18.00 for the 3 doz. we bought. Nowhere in the place had we seen a sign that they were on sale for $3.00 and had paid and left. Today I decided I would go down to the Chalice by myself for a couple of dozen wings and a few beers. I’d take my receipt from 3 weeks ago, get rebated the $9.00 they overcharged me, and have a little night out of it. Boy was I wrong! The manager came out of the kitchen with fire in her eyes and I could tell she was spoiling for a fight. She said “I shouldn’t have to pay you…it’s been three weeks!!” I said “What does that matter; I didn’t know they were on sale till just today, and you had overcharged me!!” She said that “it was my responsibility to have asked if they were on sale or not at the time!!” I replied that “I thought that was B.S. and it was their responsibility to make sure the customer knows a sale was on or not!” Anyway, she opens the till, throws down $9.00 in change, and goes running off into the kitchen cursing and mumbling away. All I can say to prospective customers is enter at you own risk…the manager/cook is not “the customer is always right” kind of person! Needless to say I completely lost my appetite for the wings and went over to good old Rolly’s Restaurant for Fish & Chips where the management appreciates my business and the service is friendly.

• Visited June 2013