“Clean, well- maintained motel”
Review of Park Motel

Park Motel
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This motel was very clean and well-maintained, exceptional pleasant and helpful staff, with excellent website with simple, clear directions with which to find it. Highly recommended. I have nothing else to say but will keep going until I meet your minimum number of characters.

Stayed: March 2014
parkmotelhope, Manager at Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

We thank you for your high recommendation and appreciate your 'character' fulfillment! (smile)

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

My husband & I arrived late into Hope Canada from WA, USA. We came to explore for the day. When we arrived late last night we were so happy to have found Park Motel! The lady at the front desk was soooo sweet! After having a terrible boarder experience with rude people, she totally changed my attitude for the night! We woke up to a BEAUTIFUL cozy little town and we can't wait to start our day. We hope to come back in the summer and we will make this our spot to stay for sure!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KS G
parkmotelhope, Manager at Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Well thank you most kindly! I am so glad your trip turned for the better and that we were a part of that change. We will love to seeing you back here again!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

We booked a night at the Park Motel based on reviews on Trip Advisor. This is simply a clean, efficient and friendly motel. It is also quiet, we had a great night's sleep. When I telephoned to book the owner was courteous and quick. When we arrived our check in was quick, and a reservation made for us at a recommended local restaurant. The motel is on a quiet backstreet, but within easy walk of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Padding2ntraveller
parkmotelhope, Manager at Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

We are very grateful to TripAdvisor for maintaining a forum wherein our guests can advise other travelers of their experiences. And we are thankful for guests who take the time to post a review, especially one like this! **One minor correction though: my name is Denise and my husband Peter and myself are the Managers of The Park Motel, not the owners (although we consider it our own and run it as such!). The Park family built up this motel and its excellent reputation over many years, and now my family has taken up the mantle and continue that great service.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed here on my way from Cranbrook to Vancouver, just wanted a place that was close to Vancouver for my flight the next day, without being in the middle of the city. Hope was a great place and I chose Park Motel after reading some great reviews on Trip Advisor. It was a little more expensive than other motels in the area, but didn't have any of the negative reviews...I figure paying an extra couple bucks to have a good experience is worth it! Denise was great, listing several places that were nearby for something to eat. I stayed in room #26, and the only issue was that there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom!! Clearly, NOT the fault of the owners as I believe they had only recently taken ownership of the motel. I mentioned this to Denise and Peter and they were apologetic and made a note to get that issue fixed ASAP. All in all, not a big deal, there were other outlets in the main room.

The bed was very comfortable and the coffee was great.

I'm glad I stayed in Park Motel and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others. I will certainly keep it in mind if I travel through Hope again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
parkmotelhope, Manager at Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for the nice review and this is rather funny, but believe it or not, there really IS an outlet in Room #26 in the bathroom! We were baffled at this when it was brought to our attention and being unable to see the forest for the trees, we all missed it! There must have been a towel or bottle of product covering the outlet so it was simply overlooked it. The power of suggestion is amazing. And yes, we are new managers (since August 2013) so we thought we might have not noticed this before! So please, rest assured that every room is still equipped with every amenity necessary for a great stay, including free internet, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and blow-dryer (and air-conditioning in the warmer months). And quite a few convenient outlets. :) We hope you come stay with us again and we will have a good laugh together...

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Park Motel was recommended to us during the planning stage of our Canadian trip.

On arrival Denise gave us a warm welcome and a quick guide to places we could go to eat. When my wife asked if there was a kettle in the room Peter immediately provided us with one. The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The room also had air conditioning which we actually needed for a few hours. The Motel was conveniently located and everything was easily accessible on foot. We particularly enjoyed walking round the town looking at the Chainsaw carvings before having to leave after our 1 night stay. We could have happily stayed longer.

If you require a motel in Hope I have no hesitation in recommending The Park Motel.

Room Tip: We had room 12 closest to reception but in separate building. Thought we may hear people come and go...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank w-spoons
parkmotelhope, Manager at Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

We are indeed a very quiet motel and are centrally located to a number of great amenities. Thank you for the kind words and we wish you HAD stayed longer! See you again soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

After reading the TA reviews of motels in Hope, we decided on The Park. (Room 11, Oct.18,2013) It was a good decision and I'm not sure what I can add that hasn't been written by earlier visitors! The bed was comfortable, bathroom was spotless, coffee maker easy to use with good coffee and real mugs, a comfortable couch, coffee table with a visitor's guest book, the latest Sears Christmas catalog ( what a treat!), flat screen TV, fridge with a freezer large enough to freeze an ice pack, microwave, an extra blanket, and parking right in front of our door. The managers take pride in the work they've done to update the property, keep it spotlessly clean and have created an establishment that we would happily return to the next time we are near Hope. Denise and her husband should be proud of their efforts! She recommended several restaurants and coffee from Blue Moose.We went there for coffee but got pizza from the new Hope Pizza which was within a block of the hotel and has free delivery. Our visit couldn't have been better. Thank you Denise!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank wsmithies4801
parkmotelhope, Manager at Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Your words are as much an accolade as one could hope to receive and they are very much appreciated! And thank you for mentioning the Sears catalog I placed in the rooms, as I personally enjoy relaxing with a hot cuppa at this time of the year and flipping through a Sears Wish Book too! Cheers...and we look forward to seeing you in #11 again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Based on other Trip Advisor reviews, we opted to stay for several nights at the Park Hotel in Hope. We were not disappointed! Our room was exactly as billed--clean, quiet and well-equipped. Managers Peter and Denise, however, went the extra mile to ensure that not only did we get what we had paid for, but that we had a memorable experience as well. Hope may not be a destination for most travellers but The Park Motel is a excellent reason to pull off the highway!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank canadatraveljunkie39
parkmotelhope, Manager at Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Why thank you! We were so pleased with such a glowing recommendation...and hope that Hope is on your list of return trips!