Colonial 900 Motel
US$66
US$74
Park Motel(Hope)(Great Value!)
US$95
Best Continental Motel(Hope)(Great Value!)
US$69
Slumber Lodge Motel(Hope)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$104
US$69
The Swiss Chalets Motel(Hope)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$73
Orbitz.com
US$91
US$83
All reviewsgreek restaurantthe ownerrestaurant next doorsitting arearoom was cleana wonderful staylong driveking bedquiet locationwould definitely stay here againsmall fridgeroad tripsimonnammotelbcvancouver
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Recently I came to Hope on vacation and stayed at the Colonial 900 Motel. Right off the bat I was greeted by the owner, Simon, who was very welcoming and answered several questions I had about the area (including where to eat). I really feel he went above and beyond in helping me and seemed to go out of his way to make sure I enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were clean and very well organized. The coffee was of good quality, and the bed was very comfortable. Also, the free Wi-Fi connection was excellent, to be honest the Wi-Fi was better here than at the high end hotel I stayed at in Vancouver. I never had a problem with downloading my documents from work. Staying at the Colonial 900 is like staying with a good friend, the host is exceptional and the rooms are great. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I travel to Hope often on business and have stayed in every motel in town. Isn't it always the case that you find the best last? Classic 60's vintage architecture - neat and tidy grounds. Kind of a Route 66 Vibe. Great retro touches such as a bottle opener mounted on the counter. The place isn't new, but the rooms are comfy and clean. Everything you need - mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, internet. The setting is spectacular - morning or evening views of the mountains from under the big eaves while you sip that coffee or bottle of beer. The Coquihalla River can be heard just across the road. BUT, the best reason to stay here is the warmest hospitality in the lower Mainland, or BC for that matter. Simon Nam and his family put out a very warm and enthusiastic Canadian welcome. Simon grew up in Hope and is very proud of his home town. He can direct you to whatever you need. The last of the gentlemen hoteliers! You won't regret staying here - I never do.

Room Tip: Internet is best close to office.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stayed 1 night whilst enroute from Vancouver to Rockies. Very friendly owner, king room was clean, functional and met our needs. Just a short walk down the hill to the shops and restaurants within Hope.Site was quiet and our stay was entirely satisfactory.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have stayed at the Colonial 900 Motel twice each year for the past five years on my regular drives between Edmonton and Vancouver Island. From the street, it looks like many other 50s era motels, but don’t let that put you off. Despite having convenient access to the Coquihalla highway, it’s a very quiet location where the sound of streams tumbling down the mountainsides is the dominant sound and you are surrounded by deep forest. It’s also everything you would like in a motel: clean, very comfortable, free wireless internet, and reasonably priced. The owner, Simon, is a truly lovely and helpful fellow and has done a great job keeping up and renovating the place. A major bonus is the family-run Greek restaurant right next door, which serves genuine home-made meals at reasonable prices. If you need a place to overnight before or after driving the Coquihalla, I highly recommend the Colonial 900.

Room Tip: Wireless internet service seems to be better in rooms closer to the main office.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Arrived in Hope after an exhausting drive from Brooks, Alberta, and after a hair raising last leg down the Coquehalla Highway stopped at the first hotel we saw. Under normal circumstances I would have vetoed this particular establishment, but the sight of families sitting out on the front sidewalk with the kids playing on the lawn my need for sleep overcame my "Bates Motel" syndrome.
The owner greeted us warmly as he bounced his baby on his hip and my last fear was allayed.
CAA rated this as a 2 star (on sign on the lawn), but the room had two double beds (very comfortable), the bedding was clean, as was the renovated bathroom, and the rug, while worn, had been vacuumed. Our only problem was the fact that the one bath towel supplied had a hole in it, and my husband thought it smelled funny. However, the two hand towels worked out fine.
Room contained a small fridge, coffee maker and a microwave.. also featured free wifi.
We were very tired, so it was unlikely that we would have heard any noise once we fell asleep, but as we walked down to the little restaurant down the street before bedtime, all was quiet.

Room Tip: Get there early and choose the room next to the owners. That way you reduce the risk of having partyers next door by 50%
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
vivaldi40, Owner at Colonial 900 Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

hello. In response to your recent review, first of all, I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking your time to give me a heads-up on what was good and what was not so satisfying about our place. we welcome any 'constructive criticism' as we value our guest's most honest opinions of our place.
About the towel, we want you to know that We don't knowinly put any towels with any types of defects such as a hole, stain nor ripped corners. We take our business and our customers very seriously and allow me to explain that we are doing the best we can to avoid this type of situations at all times. i am taking a full responsibility of this situation and I will find your registration card and contact you promtly. We thank you very much.
the Nam family at Colonial 900 motel