“Bland and disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Kamloops
“Bland and disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I ordered delivery to my hotel room so I can't comment on the locale or service. I was severely disappointed with the quality of the food. My pakoras were so salty I couldn't finish them; they tasted like they'd been covered in seasoning salt. My Daal tasted like watery overly salted soup; I also didn't finish it. The only edible part of my meal was the rice.

I will not be returning.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Hope, BC, Canada
“The food is delicious, just like being back in India”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

Living near Hope we have been to this restaurant on a few occasions and found the food to be delicious each time. A while ago we had a friend from India visiting us and when tasting the food she was very impressed and said it was as good as any food that you get in India.

On Mother's Day we dined here again with friends. The Butter Chicken and Mango Chicken were excellent served with garlic naan done to perfection. We also had the chicken and vegetable pakora which we would recommend highly for an appetizer.

When we ordered Kingfisher Beer we were happily surprised that they actually had it in stock since that is our favorite beer while travelling through India.

For anyone who likes Indian food this is one of the best places that we know of. For tourists travelling through town, this restaurant if worth a try and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Roa3
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“That Indian Beer was fabulous! and Food as usually Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

When last time i went to restaurant, they had couple of beer varieties and wine.
Last weekend they made our day when we all guys tasted the indian beer. I missed it so much since years.
They got great variety now and Samosas were fantastic as they are always.
Everytime i had a weekend off, i love to visit this place while enjoying a long drive.

Can't wait to visit it again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Avee J
Oliver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Taste Indian Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

we enjoyed the best lunch at Sakoon Indian cuisine on our way to Vancouver. Had a good feeling all day and been the best place when ever we pass through hope.

• Visited March 2013
Ladysmith, Canada
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stumbled across this restaurant on way back to Vancouver. Great vegetarian selection. Owner very engaged and pleasant. Food was very fresh and tasty. Wonderful naan bread and palak paneer. I liked the music too.

• Visited October 2012