“Worth looking for!”

Cuisines: Japanese, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We found this little gem of a restaurant quite by chance and were so glad we did. The atmosphere was relaxing and the service very good. We enjoyed our meal immensely in spite of being a bit disappointed in the Agadeshi Tofu which was tough. Otherwise, the food was excellent and we will be back again.

1  Thank canadatraveljunkie39

Reviewed 1 October 2013

The girl at the information centre told us about this place. Small with only 6 tables. You didn't have to wait too long for food, the service was fantastic and the food even better, and great value on top of that! Can't recommend it enough

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I've been to many Japanese restaurants throughout Canada for my business trips...but I always miss Kibo restaruant in Hope! This restaurant is absolutely special. I think it's worth stopping by in Hope if you want to taste delicious and fresh fresh food. I know that there are many cheap sushi restaurants but to me well worth extra 2~3 dollars for the quality of the dishes and the food is often plentiful so I never walk away hungry. I am going there next month - can't wait!!!!!

2  Thank Kinuy
Reviewed 7 August 2013

A bit pricey but the food is prepared with care.
Servers could use a bit more training.
I have eaten here several times over the years and found it to be consistently "good".

1  Thank drknows
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We have eaten at Kibo for years and it was always a favourite until a couple of years ago. After our recent dinner there, we now think it is better than ever. Their menu is new and now includes more interesting Korean dishes. I had the spicy pork, which was served on a sizzling cast iron plate. It was different and delicious. I also appreciated the attractive dishes they used to improve the presentation of the food and also the re-usable chop sticks that work better than the disposables. A new dessert item on their menu is the banana tempura. It was delicious! Kibo is a small restaurant with some additional outdoor seating. It has a quiet atmosphere and is a lovely place to eat and have a good visit with friends.