“Value buffet with good selection”

New Golden Star Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 45 Restaurants in Hope
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Located across from the park downtown, Chinese buffet with wide selection of Asian dishes and Western desserts, good pricing.

2  Thank SuperDave47
There are newer reviews for New Golden Star Restaurant

Reviewed 4 May 2013

I was really hungry when I went in this restaurant and their buffet was good. You can eat healthy and a lot. It was what I wanted.

3  Thank thomaslauer85
Reviewed 30 April 2013

we have a place near hope b.c. and stop in at the new golden star quite often,we have never had a bad meal, the smorgasbord has a lot of choices and is always quite fresh and reloaded often the chicken wings are fabulous as well as the chow mein the lunch smorgasbord is just as tasty and quite reasonably priced , looking forward to our next meal there.if you go make sure you say hi to bill...

3  Thank vern c
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My sister was visiting me in Hope, and felt like Chinese food so we headed over to the New Golden Star Restaurant. We had the Buffet and it was just put out so the food was hot and fresh. There was also ice cream. For a small town my sister thought the buffet was pretty good and so did I.

3  Thank Corinnalovestravel
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Average Chinese food.

Nothing special.

Smorgasbord offered - it's incredibly average. But, for $14 you can fill your face if you want to.

I'm from Victoria BC where we have easily a dozen great places to go for Chinese food. This place is average.

To much batter on the chicken balls - that was below average. Other than that it was OK.

With that being said, I would go back if I was staying in Hope again and wanted Chinese food.

2  Thank Lyle--Sportvictoria