“great stop for tired travellers”
Review of Rondo Motel

Rondo Motel
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 30 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I chose this place for three reasons. First reason being that it is within walking distance of everything. Second, it has a kitchen. Third, it's pet friendly.
I read reviews here prior to booking the motel as well as I saw the pictures so I knew what to expect and was satisfied with the room.

One last thing to add. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised to find the bed very comfortable. We spent 2 nights here and felt extremely well rested both mornings.
That definately does not happen often.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank VHJL
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I booked here on my way back from Victoria to Winnipeg. The room was old but clean, the shower and the lock worked, no amenities, pretty basic. It was a walk of three or four minutes to a decent Greek restaurant, and easy access to the highway in the morning. Perfectly perfunctory.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This is and old motel. It was very cheap and accomodated us with our 4 kids for one night driving back to Edmonton from Osoyoos. We were staying at a $700/night lakeside cabin in Osoyoos and for some reason our kids thought the cheap motel room in Golden was awesome. We liked it because it was clean and cheap for the 9 hours that we stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Stayed over only 1 night in Golden, this Motel was fine for the one night. Our room had the kitchen door locked and had no phone either, unlike our friends who had both, if we were staying longer I would have complained. But it was clean & the bed was comfy, shower & bathroom were very clean, no complaints there, doubt I would like to stay longer than a couple of nights, it was OK as a stopover. Never saw the pool area so can't comment on that.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I stayed at this run of the mill motel in January. The manager way overcharged me and seemed to be trying to get as much money out of me as he could. He has a large dog which him or his wife would take for a walk on the motel grounds and the dog would pee and defecate there. Lots of snow covered with yellow stains. Very nauseating.

One room I stayed in stunk like cheap cologne and so did the microwave. I tried to clean the microwave dish which was covered in green slime but it still stunk. There were 2 weird lamps over the bed and u had to be careful not to bump your head on it. Also the tv would not shut off whether I tried to turn it off manually or with the remote. And there was no phone in the room but in other rooms. Ended up changing rooms, the second room was better.

The rooms were poorly cleaned. The tub and toilet were never cleaned (tub had a dark ring around it) nor were the sinks and the rooms was never dusted. Also saw a couple of spiders in the rooms. There was a pool and spa on premises but door was always locked so nobody could use it. I think it was there just to lure guests in.

Manager didn't look well, had two front teeth missing and lots of white spittle in his mouth when talking. I do not recommend this place, even for those on a budget.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank sugarpie_11
Reviewed 12 November 2010

We stayed here for two nights. Golden is a very fine city.
Guy at Reception was very friendly and give us very big help, bec of broken of our car. Staff are friendly too, give us good information.
Motel is a little bit older, however is cheaper, clean and much place in room.
I would recommend the Rondo Motel for my friends.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple