“Kicking Horse Challenge”

US$62.18*
Columbia Valley Stand Up Paddleboard Evening Tour
Ranked #2 of 14 Tours in Golden
More attraction details
Owner description: Alpine Rafting offers Half and Full Day Trips on the Kicking Horse River starting at $35 per person. All experience levels welcome, no experience necessary. We are the only company to offer a Whitewater Guarantee: we are not satisfied until you are.
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Yesterday my husband and I did the Kicking Horse Challenge with Alpine Rafting and had the most incredible day. The upper part of the river was a calm float and a nice way to start the day followed by a great BBQ'd lunch. The middle section was significantly more challenging rapids and the third section more intense still with many of the people on our rafting choosing to swim through grade two rapids at the end. I was nervous about the whole thing and I'm so glad my husband talked me into it. The staff (including our great guide, Johnny) were awesome and the scenery and the rafting was amazing! I would highly recommend it!

There are newer reviews for Alpine Rafting

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We took the afternoon trip. I have to say there were a few concerned faces in our group after the safety lessons prior to our trip, but they were all replaced by smiles once we got going. This was just right for a first time experience. I'd definitely try a longer rafting trip the next time!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have three teenagers ranging from 13 to 20 and we did the Kicking Horse Challenge. Our guide, Johnny, was great. There were plenty of class 3 and 4 rapids and lots of fun. The lunch was excellent with very tender steak and great chicken, with salads and potatoes. The guides and staff were great and made it a great day. The kids will remember this forever.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We did the kicking horse extreme I think it is called. We were disappointed with the first part but the middle and lower sections were awesome.
John B. was our guide and he was awesome.
I would definitely recommend the middle and lower section if you want some excitement

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We booked the afternoon trip on the Kicking Horse River. We've rafted several times before, in the U.S., and this was one of the better trips we've taken, although it was fairly short. Our guide, Scotty, was great. We were given full wetsuits, helmets, boots, splash jackets and life vests, but no gloves (however, the water was not really cold enough to need them). Equipment was in good condition. This was a fun stretch of river that kept us busy and wet!