“One of the best rafting places”
Review of Alpine Rafting

and up
Full-Day Whitewater Rafting on Kicking Horse River
Ranked #2 of 14 Tours in Golden
More attraction details
Owner description: Alpine Rafting offers Half and Full Day Trips on the Kicking Horse River starting at $35 per person. All experience levels welcome, no experience necessary. We are the only company to offer a Whitewater Guarantee: we are not satisfied until you are.
Toronto, Canada
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“One of the best rafting places”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Golden's Kicking Horse river is one of the best rafting places we've been to. We took half-day rafting package and liked it a lot. Expect to be wet! :-)

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kicking Horse Challenge”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Yesterday my husband and I did the Kicking Horse Challenge with Alpine Rafting and had the most incredible day. The upper part of the river was a calm float and a nice way to start the day followed by a great BBQ'd lunch. The middle section was significantly more challenging rapids and the third section more intense still with many of the people on our rafting choosing to swim through grade two rapids at the end. I was nervous about the whole thing and I'm so glad my husband talked me into it. The staff (including our great guide, Johnny) were awesome and the scenery and the rafting was amazing! I would highly recommend it!

Visited August 2013
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun first experience rafting”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We took the afternoon trip. I have to say there were a few concerned faces in our group after the safety lessons prior to our trip, but they were all replaced by smiles once we got going. This was just right for a first time experience. I'd definitely try a longer rafting trip the next time!

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Fantastic family adventure”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have three teenagers ranging from 13 to 20 and we did the Kicking Horse Challenge. Our guide, Johnny, was great. There were plenty of class 3 and 4 rapids and lots of fun. The lunch was excellent with very tender steak and great chicken, with salads and potatoes. The guides and staff were great and made it a great day. The kids will remember this forever.

Canada
“Totally awesome”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We did the kicking horse extreme I think it is called. We were disappointed with the first part but the middle and lower sections were awesome.
John B. was our guide and he was awesome.
I would definitely recommend the middle and lower section if you want some excitement