“Yihaaaaaa”

and up
Full-Day Whitewater Rafting on Kicking Horse River
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Golden
More attraction details
Owner description: Alpine Rafting offers Half and Full Day Trips on the Kicking Horse River starting at $29 per person. All experience levels welcome, no experience necessary. We are the only company to offer a Whitewater Guarantee: we are not satisfied until you are.
Calgary, Canada
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Yihaaaaaa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

You feel absolutely terrific when you have "survived" class 4 or class 5 rapids on the Kicking Horse River. It is great fun and although you sometimes think you will not live to tell, the guides have everything firmly under control. Excellent equipment, excellent guides, great, great, great fun. And afterwards you get a CD with spectacular pictures so you will have a long-lasting memory. Yihaaaa

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Robert v

Calgary, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Whitewater Rafting Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Went through the best rapids and even though it was our second time rafting Kicking Horse, it was no less fun! The only downside is that they don't have showers available for after the trip

1 Thank Haleh R
Essex
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great rafting experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Myself and my wife have been rafting serveral times and so were used to up to Grade 5 rapids. We did the full day Kicking Horse challenge.

Some of the rapids on the lower part are great fun and really good. There are no extreme drops or anything but a lot of time spent going through various grade 4 rapids.

In hindsight I am not sure if I would do the full day again. The part before lunch is just a gentle cruise along a stream and the lunch although very nice took so long that we were starting to get cold before we got going again. So it is probably worth just joining for the afternoon part when there is the more extreme rapids.

Visited September 2013
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best time ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was my second trip down the Kicking Horse with Alpine. If you are old enough to do the lower canyon it is an absolute must. This time out we did the full Kicking Horse Challenge which starts with an easy float and a few minor bumps, followed by an excellent lunch cooked by the raft guides then the middle and lower canyon. On both of my trips I have been more than impressed with the guides who make this such a fun day. I have rafted two other rivers with other companies who did not hold a candle to this company. I trusted my guide which wasso critical in any higher risk activity and knowing he only runs this one canyon made me secure that he knew each rapid and rock. When it got a bit dicey he would forewarn us of what was coming so we were very prepared. Not only was our guide, Ryley, calming, but he was also entertaining as he regaled us with stories and involved us in conversation.
I took my older sister 3 years ago on this run after a double hip replacement and this time a friend who (in her words) does not do high risk activities. Both of them had a blast. We did choose to go in August when the water levels are lower so if you are up for a bit faster river go earlier in the season. That said it was plenty fast for us.
You will not be disappointed with this experience. Considering we were with our guide for over 6 hours in total the price is reasonable at $160 (or less for returning guests)

Marengo, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“professional, older experienced guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The 6 of us went all day. There were 8 rafts all guided with older experienced guides- "older" meaning late 20s up to mid 40s. Everyone seemed concerned with safety- there was no in appropriate banter. The meal served along the way was restaurant quality, We got an hour. It was a good break(including an out house) prior to the heavy duty white water. Everyone got wet,(!!)very exciting- water was cold- altho it was 80 that day, 2 of our party wore a fleece jacket under the wind breaker they loan you and we were just comfortable. I was a bit upset about putting my feet into wet booties( neoprene boots that go over the ankles) but when we took them off they are dunked in a solution to disinfect them.had a great experience,but our muscles were sore the next day- Definately worth the money!!!