“TOP NOTCH RAFTING EXPERIENCE”
Review of Alpine Rafting

US$110.60*
Full-Day Whitewater Rafting on Kicking Horse River
Ranked #2 of 14 Tours in Golden
More attraction details
Owner description: Alpine Rafting offers Half and Full Day Trips on the Kicking Horse River starting at $35 per person. All experience levels welcome, no experience necessary. We are the only company to offer a Whitewater Guarantee: we are not satisfied until you are.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked a last minute spring trip with a friend and drove from calgary for the day just to raft. We were not disappointed from start to finish the trip ran very smoothly. They supplied us with all the gear and we were rafting in no time our guide was a lot of fun and gave everyone in our group a great day on the water. We went in may on a cold and rainy day but it didn't matter the gear they gave us was perfect temperature-wise. We did the middle and lower canyon and will be going again for sure. Memories to last a life time. Thanks Alpine Rafting for the great time.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Alpine Rafting never fails to provide an epic ride on the kicking horse river. Great experience overall, would recommend to everyone making a trip through Golden.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was my fourth trip with Alpine. This time I had along a very timid/non-athletic friend, her fairly adventurous friend and my adrenaline junkie boyfriend. We ran the middle and lower canyons, since I find no excitement in doing the upper and being cold while doing the rest. Did I mention it was cold?

May long 2014: 10C with 5 mm of rain.

Luckily, I provided much entertainment to the crew as we managed to double layer me in my own wetsuit, then one of theirs overtop. Wetsuit sizing was a concern for my group (ranging in height from 5'1" to 6'3") but everybody managed to get something that fit.

Our guide was really funny and handled the rapids well. It was just the right combination of excitement on some smaller stuff and the feeling that you aren't going to die on the bigger stuff. Actually... our guide was a bit of an antagonist, which made for some laughs.

My only whining moment is if you need to go to the washroom between the middle and lower canyons, there really isn't anywhere to go; I hope you're not shy.

As always, it was a fantastic trip with good equipment (well maintained), knowledgeable guides, and snacks to keep everybody's blood sugar up to keep them happy :D

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I went with a group of 14 guys for a stag. We had an excellent time and it was in huge part because of the great staff, our guides were amazing. I don't often write reviews, but the trip was so successful I have to show my appreciation.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife was very reluctant to try the rafting due to her poor swimming ability but I convinced her to do the family tour. It gave us a small taste of rough rapids but enough to give grandparents like us a thrill and say we did it and were able to cross another item off our bucket list. The crew were very professional, well organized and gave a great safety presentation and provided a fantastic outdoor lunch on the river. I would recommend this company to anyone wanting to try the rafting experience.