“Amazing experience”

and up
Full-Day Whitewater Rafting on Kicking Horse River
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Golden
More attraction details
Owner description: Alpine Rafting offers Half and Full Day Trips on the Kicking Horse River starting at $29 per person. All experience levels welcome, no experience necessary. We are the only company to offer a Whitewater Guarantee: we are not satisfied until you are.
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The views down the canyon are spectacular. I went on a day that was overcast with heavy rain, but they provided gear to keep everyone warm and (relatively) dry. All of the guides were incredibly friendly and informative. The lunch that was provided was a great bonus!

Edmonton, Canada
“GGGGGRRRR888 day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

my trip was may 20 2014 and what a ggggrrrrr88888 day. guide simon was fantastic the whole crew were extremly welcoming. i am going back on 21 of june to do the catraft hopefully this will cool me down. im really loking forward to the catraft experience.

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“TOP NOTCH RAFTING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked a last minute spring trip with a friend and drove from calgary for the day just to raft. We were not disappointed from start to finish the trip ran very smoothly. They supplied us with all the gear and we were rafting in no time our guide was a lot of fun and gave everyone in our group a great day on the water. We went in may on a cold and rainy day but it didn't matter the gear they gave us was perfect temperature-wise. We did the middle and lower canyon and will be going again for sure. Memories to last a life time. Thanks Alpine Rafting for the great time.

“Locals Choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Alpine Rafting never fails to provide an epic ride on the kicking horse river. Great experience overall, would recommend to everyone making a trip through Golden.

Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good times by all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was my fourth trip with Alpine. This time I had along a very timid/non-athletic friend, her fairly adventurous friend and my adrenaline junkie boyfriend. We ran the middle and lower canyons, since I find no excitement in doing the upper and being cold while doing the rest. Did I mention it was cold?

May long 2014: 10C with 5 mm of rain.

Luckily, I provided much entertainment to the crew as we managed to double layer me in my own wetsuit, then one of theirs overtop. Wetsuit sizing was a concern for my group (ranging in height from 5'1" to 6'3") but everybody managed to get something that fit.

Our guide was really funny and handled the rapids well. It was just the right combination of excitement on some smaller stuff and the feeling that you aren't going to die on the bigger stuff. Actually... our guide was a bit of an antagonist, which made for some laughs.

My only whining moment is if you need to go to the washroom between the middle and lower canyons, there really isn't anywhere to go; I hope you're not shy.

As always, it was a fantastic trip with good equipment (well maintained), knowledgeable guides, and snacks to keep everybody's blood sugar up to keep them happy :D