“Nothing but Wow!”

Beaverfoot Lodge
Ranked #24 of 42 Speciality Lodging in Golden
“Nothing but Wow!”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My girlfriend and I came here and all we could keep saying is 'wow'. The view you get is amazing and the owners are as nice as the view. The cabin we stayed in was very clean and neat as well as the lodge. Suppers and breakfasts were great home cooked meals. Tackle the unpaved road because this place is more than worth it

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 3 September 2012

As soon as I walked into my cabin I was immediately saddened at the fact I would have to leave in only a couple days.
Like others I did find the cabin 'rustic' but I felt that only added to the experience.
Catherine and Raf made me feel like I was their top priority which is impressive considering they were also housing over a dozen firefighters. They did make a point to inform me of any wildlife hanging around. Their children were also a pleasure.
If you are looking for a 5 star resort you've travelled down the wrong road, but if you are looking for an authentic getaway in the mountains where you can have some serious rest and relaxation this is most definitely the place for you.

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Stunning location and views. Accomodation with real rustic charm. The managers Raphael and Catherine couldn't do enough for us to make our stay enjoyable. Catherines fantastic cooking in the evenings was enjoyed by all our family. The cabin was 'rustic' but comfortable. The setting is really quite magical.

• Stayed August 2012
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have to say after reading the rest of these reviews I was a little disappointed with some of the ameneties. I feel mislead and yet the managerment was so wonderufl (Katherine) that it made up for some of the shortcomings. I believe they were overwhelmed with extra guests that the groupons generated. I believe some communication by the management when checking in would solve alot of the problems, what time the meals were served, where the saunas were and how to start them up, (we were told that when we were leaving) the sign coming in said store, ice, ice cream but none of that was available. They had a sign up on the first day for pop at $2:00 a can but took it down by day 2 so water was the drink of choice.
However, the view was spectacular, the lodge was very warm and friendly, and the beds were very fresh and comfortable. Management was wonderful and tried to be very accomodating. We did not experience any chef prepared meals and the breakfast was continental, so the food was average at best. Not knowing we did ask for bacon and eggs on the first morning and management cheerfully prepared them for us.
Again........... the management was wonderful

Room Tip: We had a very nice room with a queen and single bed upstairs in the lodge. Bedding was a down comfo...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Barb R
beaverfoot, Manager at Beaverfoot Lodge, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Thank God we can respond. Of course sometimes outlandish people turn up and Beaverfoot Lodge is not for them. Mother rolled up with her daughter who said she knew it was a bad idea to come with her mom. This customer expected a valet and concierge - we smiled and bent over backward because that is our nature. I received 2 complaints from guests about her outlandish and obnoxious behavior and I received a threat from her that I would not get a good review because I politely informed her that our wood burning saunas take 1 hour to heat up. We offered an immediate refund and they declined. Excuse me but my wife's breakfast in NOT continental. Catherine daily bakes artisan breads including her own chocolate bread. She makes delicious home made granola daily from organic honeys and fruits! We do yogurt, fresh fruit and eggs and bacon for those who want it. We gave you a FREE breakfast to try and cheer you up and we didn't even get a thank you. I apologized because we ran out of pop and ice cream after it was sent it out to the forest fire fighters the same day and your response was selfish. Our magical and peaceful retreat was not right for her and we shouldn't have to put up with a bad review from an outrageous person who tried and failed to disrupt other guests peaceful stay. Thanks Catherine and Raph
cat ba
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The Beaverfoot Lodge is the best place where I stayed during my 6 months travelling through Canada. When I had to leave after 4 weeks it was like leaving home. Surrounded by an amazing landscape and nestled in beautiful mountains, I think there`s no better way to get in touch with the great Canadian nature than on this place.
The rooms of the lodge and the cabins offer a warm and cosy atmosphere. The food is awesome! The family who runs this place is so friendly, funny and welcoming that it`s hard to find the right words.....their two kids are truly a bless and I will always keep them in my memory.

Everyone who really wants to find out if paradise exists on earth, should definitely visit this place!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarah w
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed here in June, we had stayed here before with a trek group camping and loved the place so had to go back, this time we stayed in the lodge the family running the place were so friendly and welcoming made you feel like it was you home, the staff were also very nice and helpful. We had the home cooked food and it was yummy! And fresh home cooked food, even my boyfriend was full every night and he is a big eater. We went horse riding there to and it was great only done a hour as my boyfriend had never been on a horse I wanted to do longer. The sauna was also so much fun and different and jumping into the freezing glacier water afterwards, my favourite thing to do was to sit on the decked area in the afternoons looking at the mountains. if you love the outdoors, walks and fun activities you will love it here, my mum sadly passed away this year and that's why we went back there as she always wanted to go to Canada and I no she would of thought it was such a special place I would loved to get married here one day!

• Stayed June 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 16 August 2011

What an amazing escape from the city we had this weekend at the Beaverfoot Lodge! The new management and all of the staff at this facility are absolutely extraordinary. We found them to be warm, friendly and accommodating.

Beaverfoot provided us with the perfect backdrop for a relaxing and fun filled weekend with our friends and their young families. We stayed in the chuck wagons and found camping in them to be quite comfortable. The wagons are a bit bigger inside than we thought, and we were able to store a lot of our stuff in there. The horses roam free at night around the grounds and like to nibble on things, so we kept (most) our goods safely tucked away in our chuck wagons or cars when we went to bed.

We thought this was a great home-base for exploring the National Parks in the area. In addition to going down to Marion Lake with our friends for a swim, we brought our mountain bikes and discovered many of the trails in and around the property, which meander down to the River. Some of our group also went white water rafting on the Kicking Horse while others enjoyed the trail rides. Our trail ride was actually a little bit exciting, and we can’t wait to do another one with our wonderful (and very patient) guide, Carly.

We also enjoyed Trevor’s home-cooked, hot and delicious breakfast. Next time we’ll plan to come for dinner as well. We appreciated each one of the staff for all they did to make our stay comfortable and fun. We will definitely be back to Beaverfoot!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends