“Very nice stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cranbrook, Canada
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 17 February 2009

My teenaged son and I travelled to Golden for a hockey tournament. I had booked a room using an accomodation website, but when we arrived at the hotel to check in, the front desk staff volunteered the lower rate that they offer to organized sports teams. I appreciated that! I asked for a quiet room, and so was given a room on the top floor (apparently quieter) and had no problem. The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious enough to enable us to spread out hockey equipment to dry.
The front desk was very willing to give me a late check-out. Even so, I wanted to go for a run/jog after checking out, and they allowed me to come back to the hotel and shower in the pool change room. Overall, I would say that the hotel staff and managers did everything reasonable to make our stay better. Incidently, most of the chain hotels in Golden are right on the Trans-Canada Highway (busy and noisy); the Best Western is a block further away & I think this makes a significant difference.

• Liked — The hotel staff went out of their way to accomodate our particular needs
  • Disliked — Is located near highway strip & industrial area, but so are nearly all Golden hotels
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MtSwansea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 July 2006

The hotel looks ok from the outside, but inside it is very old and a little smelly. The rooms are quite old, as are the towels and furniture. There is a little fridge in the room, but no microwave.

The promised "high speed" internet was the slowest that I've experienced on my cross country road trip. Often the connection failed all together.

Considering that they initially wanted to charge me $150 to stay the night, it's definitely a poor value. I would not stay here again, or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 March 2006

If you are looking for a reasonable overnight stay in the small mountain town of Golden, then definitley check out the Best Western Mountainview Inn. The staff are professional and are always interested in chit chatting about the area and what there is to do. We have stayed at many hotels as we travel quite frequently and we found the service here to be top notch. It was very apparent that the staff care about the guest and that they really want to make sure everything is taken care of. The rooms are tidy, a little out dated but the desk clerk said they would be getting some new upgrades this year, we will be back to see the changes and to enjoy the excellent service.

• Stayed January 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 July 2005

My wife and I stayed at this hotel, for one night. This was one night too many. I know one's expectations should be low, when staying at roadside motels. But, this place had no air conditioning, and the staff was unbelievably rude. I wrote a letter to the management of the motel, and the senior management of Best Western, but received no response. The place was dirty, filled with ants. Would not suggest this place to my worst enemy. Hotels are limited in the area, but there should something better than this.

• Stayed July 2004
7 Thank MichaelChristine
Travellers also viewed these Golden hotels
Holiday Inn Express Golden
Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge
Ramada Limited Golden
Ramada Limited Golden
#9 of 19 in Golden

Been to Best Western Mountainview Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Mountainview Inn

Property: Best Western Mountainview Inn
Address: 1024 11th Street North | Box 2400, Golden, British Columbia V0A 1H2, Canada (Formerly BEST WESTERN Mountainview Inn)
Region: Canada > British Columbia > Kootenay Rockies > Golden
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Golden
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Mountainview Inn 2.5*
Elegant hotel situated off the Trans Canada Highway, 45 minutes west of Lake Louise. Spectacular mountain views. Deluxe family-size guestrooms, indoor heated swimming pool and guest laundry. Each guestroom features deluxe furnishings, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and board and pay-per-view movies. Close to National Parks, hiking, skiing, golfing, whitewater rafting, snowmobiling and heli-skiing. Sport and Lifestyle packages are available. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Mountainview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Mountainview Hotel Golden