“good place to stay”

Ponderosa Motor Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 16 June 2011

we stayed at the pondarosa for two nights and had no complaints.the price was reasonable the rooms were clean and well kept.The front desk and staff were very helpful with local info and made every effort to make us comfortable.We would stay there again....Thanks Ponderosa.....

Room Tip: we looked at a few rooms and chose 426
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 May 2011

This place was great. The washrooms were very new and it seemed like the bed were also new. They were also very comfy. The place was very clean although they should probably replace the carpets.

Downside is that the walls are very thin, so if you have a loud neighbour...

Staff were friendly and recommeded some places to eat.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 15 May 2011

My wife and I were looking for a stopover for a night or 2 and came across this wonderful place. The lady on reception (I think the owner) could not have been any more helpful. She gave us details of a wonderful pub for food. The room was very clean and lots of space. In the morning they provide coffee and muffins in reception which you take back to your room. I would certainly stay again if I'm lucky enough to be in the area again. We stayed in other motels on our trip and this certainly was one of the nicest and not the most expensive.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I read the reviews of this place on my iPad moments before I checked in and decided to give this place a try. I was impressed with the friendly service I received from the manager. She made it known to me that the beds were newly upgraded. Upon entry into the room, I was impressed with the cleanliness and the newly renovated bathroom (which she didn't mention to me -- so it was a nice surprise). The quality of sleep was excellent. Would recommend staying here if you are passing through town. Well worth the price paid.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We arrived at the ponderosa to find we had paid way to much for the room! After a long day of skiing we were so looking forward to a nice long soak in the hot tub! We walked outside to the lobby where the hot tub was located and the front desk clerk told us we weren't allowed in because they needed to test the water but "he" was gone for supper and "he" wouldn't be back for a while and then "he" had more stuff to do so she wasn't sure when it would open. We had some friends who were heading home that night but wanted a quick hot tub before they got on the road who tried to come in the hot tub with us but the front desk lady told us that she couldn't let them come in and continued to give about 10 reasons. The whole time she was talking to us she was acting very annoyed that we could even want to use the supposed hot tub. Very bad experience. The room also smells of cheap perfume and there was hair on my pillow.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We wanted to be able to cook our own meals and so the room with a kitchenette was a good value option. The room was basic and didn't have much in the way of cooking and cleaning gear, but the management were very helpful and provided us with everything we needed. The manager also spent quite a bit of time recommending places to see and drives to take. Nice views of the mountains but conveniently located on the highway. Noise from traffic wasn't a big problem though. We originally booked in for one night, but then booked in for a second night, using this as a base to explore Yoho national park .

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Stayed the night at this wonderful motel, the staff were very friendly and very knowledgeable, The Manager went out of his way to make sure our stay was nice and that we had everything we needed, plus explained in great detail about the history of Golden and pointed out where we needed to go in town,.
The best part was about the towns bear named Boo.
The room was very clean and the bed was an 11+, best bed I have slept in, in a very long time.
We had checked out late so we had missed the continental breakfast but the Managers wife went out of her way and made my wife and I a fruit plate.
I will be visiting again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business