“Just went you thought it doesn't get any better the Dreamcatcher Hostel comes along.”

and 1 more site!
Dreamcatcher Hostel
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

I had been travelled around Canada and Alaska y myself for about 1 and half months enjoying the scenery and adventure you only get when in these countries. I had been camping and staying in low to mid budget accommodation the whole time trying to save on costs so I could experience everything I wanted to.
As I walked into the Dreamcatcher Hostel I knew straight away that this place was different to anything that I had experienced over that last 2 months. It was a warm welcome I received from Gerald and Abi whom are the owners of this amazing hostel. They are both very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. They are very passionate in what they do and enjoy interacting with travellers sharing stories of their travels and local knowledge.
The hostel has a ski lodge feel accommodating a large open space with timber floors, high ceilings and for the romantic an open stone fire place. The kitchen and bathroom amenities are very clean and modern and if your lucky you might be able to try one of Abi's amazing desserts, her brownies are to die for. The bedrooms comprise a mixed number of beds with some suitable for couples and some having private ensuites. My bedroom had 6 brand new beds with the mattresses being larger than a regular single bed and the linen was clean. I found it hard to get myself out of bed in the morning.
The hostel is centrally located within the towns centre and the township has heaps to do, some of which include white water rafting, skiing, hiking, paragliding, golfing and some of the best mountain biking tracks in Canada.
I was only going to stay for 1 night, but I ended up staying for 5 nights. This was definitely the best and most memorable place I stayed during my 2 months travelling.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

Its only the second time I've stayed in a Hostel and it was pretty awesome. I was traveling alone and the owners were great (very friendly and helpful). Beds were pretty new an comfy, great common area to share stories and plan the next day. They have free wifi which is always useful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

My sister and I cycled from Vancouver to Banff in August and stayed at the Dreamcatcher Hostel. Of all the little inns and B&Bs we stayed at, this was the nicest. Gerry and Abi were so nice to us, dropped us off at the ski hill, had dinner with us, and made our stay so great we decided to stay an extra night. The beds are new and soooo comfy, nice (free) juke box for music, free computor/interned. It is not really a hostel, more of a small in that runs like a hostel so you can meet others if you like or just relax on your own. I wish it was closer so I could stay again. You won't have any regrets staying here!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

As soon as you walk into the Dreamcatcher you feel like you're at home - or at least at a place you'd like to call home. Big comfortable chairs around a cozy fireplace, an amazing kitchen and the gorgeous smiling faces of the owners, Gerald and Abi. The beds are hard to get out of only because they're so comfortable - this was definitely the best sleep for everyone on our 10 day tour of the Rockies. Gerald and Abi were incredibly welcoming and helpful in suggesting activities suitable for everyone and all my clients ended up doing something different - and loving it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

The term hostel does not do this place justice! It really is a special mix of boutique hotel, BnB and hostel all in one; capturing the perfect balance between comfort, homeliness, and travellers lodge all in one. Having read the previous reviews, not sure how much more I can say without agreeing and repeating with all of it. I wish Abi and Gerard all the very best with this special place they have created!

• Stayed August 2010
British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

I can't get over how lovely this hostel is! It is so warm and welcoming, so clean and cozy. All the little touches were fabulous - candles on tables in the common area at dinner, the juke box, the lovely bedding, the fresh baking sitting out, the sweet pupppies!...And the hosts were just lovely, lovely people - it is like they were made to run a place like this. They were thoughtful and concerned and helpful and kind and laid-back. We are really looking forward to returning this winter. Best hostel I've ever been to, for sure.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

I have done a fair bit of traveling around the world always staying in hostels, the Dreamcatcher hostel is by far bar none my favorite hostel!! The hostel was very clean, comfortable and the staff make you feel like its home. The common area is huge with high ceilings plenty of room for people who want to socialize. For others who would like quite time to read or enjoy the peace there is also room for that. This hostel Is a must!!! I was blown away with the hospitality, ambiance, location and all around "welcome home" feeling that the Dreamcatcher has to offer. Absolutely amazing

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends