“Best Hostel In Bc”

Dreamcatcher Hostel
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I have spent time in Hostels alot of different resort towns all over BC and Alberta, and this is by far the best Hostel I have stay in. The amount of work put into this Hostel is amazing the beds are fantastisk the Kitchen facilitys are over the top and the common room is amazing. Only thing bad thing I can think of saying about this this hostel is the location its kinda far away from the resort so you would need to take a bus every day up to the resort but what ever... you are still paying hostel price and you are getting hotel standarts. All I can say is if you are ever in Golden, stay at this place its fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 October 2010

Just wanted to say we had a fantastic time hear and the owners couldn't have been more helpful. We travelled with our 2 year old son - always makes hosteling trickier. Whilst not many children have stayed before, we were made really wecome and my little boy loved playing with the dogs, running around the huge open plan sitting room, helping bake cookies in the kitchen which has every kitchen appliance you could wish for. And everything sparkly clean and really homey. And that's not to mention all the kid friendly walks near by, Boo the bear, wolves, and Golden has the highest concentration of playgrounds per head of population I've ever been!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2010

I had been travelled around Canada and Alaska y myself for about 1 and half months enjoying the scenery and adventure you only get when in these countries. I had been camping and staying in low to mid budget accommodation the whole time trying to save on costs so I could experience everything I wanted to.
As I walked into the Dreamcatcher Hostel I knew straight away that this place was different to anything that I had experienced over that last 2 months. It was a warm welcome I received from Gerald and Abi whom are the owners of this amazing hostel. They are both very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. They are very passionate in what they do and enjoy interacting with travellers sharing stories of their travels and local knowledge.
The hostel has a ski lodge feel accommodating a large open space with timber floors, high ceilings and for the romantic an open stone fire place. The kitchen and bathroom amenities are very clean and modern and if your lucky you might be able to try one of Abi's amazing desserts, her brownies are to die for. The bedrooms comprise a mixed number of beds with some suitable for couples and some having private ensuites. My bedroom had 6 brand new beds with the mattresses being larger than a regular single bed and the linen was clean. I found it hard to get myself out of bed in the morning.
The hostel is centrally located within the towns centre and the township has heaps to do, some of which include white water rafting, skiing, hiking, paragliding, golfing and some of the best mountain biking tracks in Canada.
I was only going to stay for 1 night, but I ended up staying for 5 nights. This was definitely the best and most memorable place I stayed during my 2 months travelling.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Its only the second time I've stayed in a Hostel and it was pretty awesome. I was traveling alone and the owners were great (very friendly and helpful). Beds were pretty new an comfy, great common area to share stories and plan the next day. They have free wifi which is always useful.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2010

My sister and I cycled from Vancouver to Banff in August and stayed at the Dreamcatcher Hostel. Of all the little inns and B&Bs we stayed at, this was the nicest. Gerry and Abi were so nice to us, dropped us off at the ski hill, had dinner with us, and made our stay so great we decided to stay an extra night. The beds are new and soooo comfy, nice (free) juke box for music, free computor/interned. It is not really a hostel, more of a small in that runs like a hostel so you can meet others if you like or just relax on your own. I wish it was closer so I could stay again. You won't have any regrets staying here!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2010

As soon as you walk into the Dreamcatcher you feel like you're at home - or at least at a place you'd like to call home. Big comfortable chairs around a cozy fireplace, an amazing kitchen and the gorgeous smiling faces of the owners, Gerald and Abi. The beds are hard to get out of only because they're so comfortable - this was definitely the best sleep for everyone on our 10 day tour of the Rockies. Gerald and Abi were incredibly welcoming and helpful in suggesting activities suitable for everyone and all my clients ended up doing something different - and loving it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The term hostel does not do this place justice! It really is a special mix of boutique hotel, BnB and hostel all in one; capturing the perfect balance between comfort, homeliness, and travellers lodge all in one. Having read the previous reviews, not sure how much more I can say without agreeing and repeating with all of it. I wish Abi and Gerard all the very best with this special place they have created!

• Stayed: August 2010