“Clean & affordable”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Golden
Northern Alberta
“Clean & affordable”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

On a recent family holiday, we were pleased to discover clean, comfortable, affordable accomodations. Friendly owner on site. Room was quiet throughout the night, despite Trans Canada Highway being nearby. We would choose to stay at the Swiss Village Inn again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DinoNorthernAlberta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

It's the best you will find under a hundred bucks for sure. Fairly clean lobby, clean rooms, easy check in and out, sauna, hot tub, wicked retro 7Up machine, firm Beds and A great shower head...... Oh yeah and AC, pretty much all you could ask for. A bit out dated, and A midget TV, but it did the job for a quick sleep....

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BriGuyVancouver
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We spent the evening in this hotel which had promised a room with three beds. They did have this but we were lined up all in a row. Room was clean but very basic. There was no coffee maker or tea, or any source of hot water available. Fairly close to the highway, but traffic did not bother us. A bit away from downtown golden, so a car was necessary to go for dinner.

Room Tip: Choose room out of the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was moving to Toronto with my car and luggage. We stayed a night in swiss village hotel. Very quite and clean room. We left early morning. Next day when we were staying in the moose jaw. I found my small bag was missing. There was passport , documents and some cash. We called the lady who is also the owner of the hotel. She put me on hold and she went upstairs and she came back with the bag. and she told me that she found a bag. and she checked every thing was inside.
Next day she went to courier office and send my bag through courier. I got my bag with every thing inside. She is a professional lady. Her honesty and responsibility represent her commitment. Only responsible and honest person can run the nice and good hotel. I recommend everyone to stay in that hotel. There is a complete peace of mind. and comfort there.
thanks

Room Tip: Second floor has fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank aam b
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I do not know why people pay little for a hotel and then review it as though they expected a Hilton. This hotel is perfectly adequate to stay in for a couple of nights. It is clean and well kept. There are not many extras but then I didn't pay $200 a night to stay here. I am in transit need a place to sleep and the Swiss Village is exactly that. There is a sauna and whirlpool but I did not partake so I cannot comment.
The owner, front desk lady is extremely nice and did point me to a restaurant that again is not 5 star but the staff are very friendly and the food good.
As mentioned by one reviewer there is no coffee in the room but it is available in the lobby.
Others mention that door access is with real keys, I don't have a problem with that but if you require a card key to make your stay worthwhile I guess this hotel is not for you.
I would stay here again without hesitation

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MurTheExplorer
Perth
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We walked in looking for a place to stay after cancelling our previous hotel which was awful- including taxes, we were charged $79 for a double room- we were so pleased with the rooms and service! The owner was lovely and very helpful, the rooms were spotless, very clean, large and with new beds that were very comfortable. The hot tub was very clean and the sauna/hot tub room was very pleasant. A great stay for the . price we paid!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank kathryn_napier
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Welcoming reception at front desk on arrival. Our room had 2 beds with new mattresses which resulted in a good sleep. Clean, very well situated a block off the main highway with restaurants close by. Interesting was that although the price was fair, other motels on our trip offered an in-room coffee maker along with a fridge. Our room contained only a fridge. Also, no bedside clock radio. WiFi worked fine. Good for a quick stopover on the way to your destination; however, I think a few extra amenities would be good for their business.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple