“Excellent chalet for a family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hillside Lodge and Chalets

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Golden
Hillside Lodge and Chalets
Ranked #14 of 42 Speciality Lodging in Golden
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent chalet for a family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Our family of four stayed in the Grizzly cabin and found it to be a perfect place for us. Everything was very clean, and the kitchen and entire cabin are well-stocked and furnished. We didn't want for anything! The quite location allowed us to enjoy the mountain scenery and our kids loved playing in the yard next to the cabin. Would recommend Hillside to anyone visiting Golden!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

very peaceful and relaxing .we stayed in the Grizzly cabin . it was clean and well equipped with a very functional kitchen . Far away from the town but close enough to major attractions . my 3 year daughter and my parents liked it a lot .would go there again .

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Stayed at the Beaver Cabin first weekend in March - picked the locale due to a travel voucher and the fact that dogs were welcome with the usual extra charge which I paid upon checking in. I must have arrived after quite the snowfall as there was at least four inches of wet slushy snow covering the road and the paths. I almost asked for a snow shovel so that I could clear a path from cabin to car. It is a very 'fend for yourself' kind of arrangement which was perfect for me as I did not mind cooking for myself and hauling split wood for the fire. The cabin was lovely and cozy, the bed comfortable, and wood burning stove heated the rooms nicely. What was not expressed at check in or on any of the paperwork, was that the dog was not allowed on the bed or futon couch. I would not have known if I hadn't read it posted at the door on a lengthy sheet of rules. Since the futon was so close to the floor, it was hard for my dog to resist it, but I did try to do so. So on top of the dog fee, I also paid this extra fee, was notified of the charge a month after I stayed there. I find it ridiculous to pay two charges on a 'dog' friendly accommodation since other than hair, there was little else to clean. Other than having to change bedding and towels, I left the cabin as tidy as I found it. This was a disappointing development after a nice, quiet two night stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HillsideLodge, Owner at Hillside Lodge and Chalets, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Hi Uta,

Thank you for the review - we truly appreciate it.

We are in fact a dog friendly place but are finding it increasingly difficult to offer this sort of thing as it is incredibly difficult to remove hair from bedding and futon covers to the point where it is acceptable for a non-dog person to stay in the cabin. Our pet policy on our website states that there are charges for animals on the furniture as well as the sheet in the cabin which you mentioned.
We did in fact, have to wash the sheets on the bed a few times to remove all of the dog hair.

Again, thank you very much for the review and we apologize the extra charge came so late. We just had a baby so things have been a little crazy!
We hope to see you here again.
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We found this place from a living social deal. I never check the deals but I'm glad I check it out that day. The cabins are super cute, clean, and equip with everything you need to cook basic meals. Far enough away from the highway so it is really quite. We were there in the winter so we went snow shoeing. There's a wonderful little trail on the property that takes you down the river. There is a hot tub by the main lodge. Unfortunally, we didnt take advange of it. We love this place so much, we decided to have our wedding there. We HIGHLY recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Hillside, it was very relaxing and refreshing. The location is beautiful, and the cabin was nice and cozy. There were many things to do in Golden and the wolf center was very cool! There were walking trails around the property that were very nice. We loved hillside and hope to return again!

• Stayed December 2012

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

Was a great place to get away for a few days cabins were exactly what you need and want for a getaway. will defiantly go back again. Hottube after a long day on the ski hill was a definite. The loacation was great fair enough away form the highway and from golden and buried in the mountains just perfection

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

CALGARY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Last weekend I stayed in the Cougar cabin at Hillside Lodge and Chalets. The cabin was fantastic and the sauna behind the lodge is great. Stef and Mark are wonderful hosts. I loved the quiet atmosphere. The kitchen in our cabin produced excellent food - amazing.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golden
Glacier Mountaineer Lodge
Emerald Lake Lodge
Blaeberry Mountain Lodge
Blaeberry Mountain Lodge
#20 of 42 in Golden

Been to Hillside Lodge and Chalets? Share your experiences!