“Horrible, rude service by the wife Stefanie”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Golden
Hillside Lodge and Chalets
Ranked #15 of 43 Speciality Lodging in Golden
“Horrible, rude service by the wife Stefanie”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We booked @ night, last minute, about 15 minutes from the location with the husband. Upon entering the tiny room, the bed was all messed up (we thought perhaps that it was a very quick turndown but thought it was a little odd bc it was very "slept in" looking) As we went back to the car to get our suitcase, we got called out to work again & had to cancel & continue our drive. Called the husband, he said it was ok & no charge (we literally walked in & out). Today, the wife Stef called us in an extremely rude fashion, accusing us of lying & treating us as if we had stolen from her & we had to defend our integrity. I am extremely offended, sad, angry & cannot believe that she, as the owner of this company, had the audacity to treat us & speak to us as she did. We will definitely NEVER recommend this place & NEVER have our wedding there as we were dreaming about. Thank you Stefanie for showing us how you truly treat your customers.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank MelissaCraig21
HillsideLodge, Owner at Hillside Lodge and Chalets, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Melissa,

Our policy in regards to cancellations is that the full amount is charged within 72 hours of the arrival date, which we waived for you since you booked last minute and because of your circumstances. Another policy we abide by is that all our cabins are cleaned and a quality check performed after each cleaning, no matter how busy we are.

From our perspective, a cabin with crumbs on the table, a used bathroom and the bed laid in generally means that a guest used the cabin which obviously results in charges.

I apologize if my questioning materialized as being offensive - I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt and call you before any charges were applied to your card. Your reaction didn't allow me to explain our policies to you and as you are aware, no charges were applied.

We apologize for this incident and hope to be able to make it up to you in the future.

Hillside Lodge

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Strathmore Alberta
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We spent 2 nights in the Buffalo Cabin for a family wedding. The cabin was clean, cozy and perfect for a family of four. The area itself is beautiful with great views of the mountains and Blaeberry River. The wedding reception was held in a barn that looked fantastic when decorated. Our kids had a fantastic time exploring the area. The owner's were very friendly and welcoming. Just wish there were no mosquito's!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank alipage80
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Our family of four stayed in the Grizzly cabin and found it to be a perfect place for us. Everything was very clean, and the kitchen and entire cabin are well-stocked and furnished. We didn't want for anything! The quite location allowed us to enjoy the mountain scenery and our kids loved playing in the yard next to the cabin. Would recommend Hillside to anyone visiting Golden!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2013

very peaceful and relaxing .we stayed in the Grizzly cabin . it was clean and well equipped with a very functional kitchen . Far away from the town but close enough to major attractions . my 3 year daughter and my parents liked it a lot .would go there again .

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Stayed at the Beaver Cabin first weekend in March - picked the locale due to a travel voucher and the fact that dogs were welcome with the usual extra charge which I paid upon checking in. I must have arrived after quite the snowfall as there was at least four inches of wet slushy snow covering the road and the paths. I almost asked for a snow shovel so that I could clear a path from cabin to car. It is a very 'fend for yourself' kind of arrangement which was perfect for me as I did not mind cooking for myself and hauling split wood for the fire. The cabin was lovely and cozy, the bed comfortable, and wood burning stove heated the rooms nicely. What was not expressed at check in or on any of the paperwork, was that the dog was not allowed on the bed or futon couch. I would not have known if I hadn't read it posted at the door on a lengthy sheet of rules. Since the futon was so close to the floor, it was hard for my dog to resist it, but I did try to do so. So on top of the dog fee, I also paid this extra fee, was notified of the charge a month after I stayed there. I find it ridiculous to pay two charges on a 'dog' friendly accommodation since other than hair, there was little else to clean. Other than having to change bedding and towels, I left the cabin as tidy as I found it. This was a disappointing development after a nice, quiet two night stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HillsideLodge, Owner at Hillside Lodge and Chalets, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Hi Uta,

Thank you for the review - we truly appreciate it.

We are in fact a dog friendly place but are finding it increasingly difficult to offer this sort of thing as it is incredibly difficult to remove hair from bedding and futon covers to the point where it is acceptable for a non-dog person to stay in the cabin. Our pet policy on our website states that there are charges for animals on the furniture as well as the sheet in the cabin which you mentioned.
We did in fact, have to wash the sheets on the bed a few times to remove all of the dog hair.

Again, thank you very much for the review and we apologize the extra charge came so late. We just had a baby so things have been a little crazy!
We hope to see you here again.
Calgary
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We found this place from a living social deal. I never check the deals but I'm glad I check it out that day. The cabins are super cute, clean, and equip with everything you need to cook basic meals. Far enough away from the highway so it is really quite. We were there in the winter so we went snow shoeing. There's a wonderful little trail on the property that takes you down the river. There is a hot tub by the main lodge. Unfortunally, we didnt take advange of it. We love this place so much, we decided to have our wedding there. We HIGHLY recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 April 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Hillside, it was very relaxing and refreshing. The location is beautiful, and the cabin was nice and cozy. There were many things to do in Golden and the wolf center was very cool! There were walking trails around the property that were very nice. We loved hillside and hope to return again!

• Stayed December 2012