“Great hotel, great staff, fantastic stay.”

Prestige Inn Golden
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 20 March 2009

My spouse and I stayed at the Prestige for a week end of skiing at Kicking Horse. Checking in was simple and quick, the room was spacious and clean and pricing affordable. We used the indoor pool and hot tub area which were quiet and sparkling clean. There is a very convenient cold beer and wine right in the building. We ate breakfast and a dinner at the ABC restaurant and had great meals and service. We will definitely be returning to the Prestige in Golden.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 November 2008

I was very turned off of this property by my experience with their manager, Melinda. I called to book a room for one night and was quoted a confirmed rate with tax along with a confirmation number. When I went to pay for the room, the rate had increased quite a bit. I questioned this change and was told that the original booking agent (whose name I had recorded, just in case) must have made a mistake and no, they would not honor that price. When I asked if I could speak to a manager, Melinda said 'no, I am the only manager'. It was a slow period for them and they had better rates advertised on their website, which was frustrating.

I was disappointed by this poor and unethical service and although I was happy with the hotel, I will avoid it in the future. I sent a message to their info email address and have received no response. Apparently, customer serice is not their strong suit.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Zmu
Reviewed 14 June 2008

Arrived for one night while driving across Canada, place is right on the Trans Canada Highway & seemed an ideal stop on our way to Revelstoke. Lunched in the restaurant, perfectly good food, room was clean & pleasant. Staff were welcoming enough, but had no advice on the landslide which closed the highway while we were there. Two good things about Golden - A fabulous and educational wolf sanctuary, and one of the best steaks I ever ate at the Golden Grizzly just opposite the hotel. Hotel was fine, but I'm in no great hurry to visit Golden again, we saw it all in one day & with time to spare.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2007

In Golden on business. Room available. Checked inn, very friendly staff. Nice clean room, with comfortable bed.

Views of the highway a little annoying, but that's ok.

Internet worked fine in the room (can't say the same about the prestige inn in nelson).

All in all good nice clean place to stay.

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed 6 January 2007

The most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. I'm still dreaming of it five months later. Girl at front desk very helpful and pleasant. Would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2006

The worst customer service I've ever seen. We had booked non smoking rooms through our travel agency about 4 months in advance and they assigned us to a smoking room. We complained (a family member traveling with us has asthma) and were told that it was our agency's fault because they had cancelled our rooms the day before (!!). We, of course, checked that and discovered it was a total lie...Sarah, the receptionist is a very daring woman and is able to tell you the worst lies with a huge fake smile. We tried to meet with the manager but of course he was "out of town and unreachable" at the moment...we were told he would be there the following morning and that he could see us...the morning after he was again "out of town and unreachable". Most careless staff I've ever seen. We complained to Sarah (who seems to be the only person at the helm of the hotel) and asked for a compensation. She responded, with her icy fake smile: "you're free to leave."

Swimming pool is disgusting.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank JulienS1
Reviewed 23 August 2006

My family travels through Golden, B.C., Canada alot and we are happy with this inn. This hotel has a very small pool, but nice hot tub. The rooms are comfortable but very small and the rooms can be costly when compared to the other inns and hotels in this town. The beds are ok. You will not receive alot of help with baggage. The hotel has wireless internet access. If you have no laptop computer or no wireless, you will have a pay to use a small computer to access the internet from the lobby and can be expensive. No business room to use as far as I could see. No free continental breakfast. Do not eat at the attached restaurant, we were very very disappointed with the food. There are no mountain views at this hotel (at least as far as I could see) despite the fact the hotel is nestled in the mountains. Great for a one night stop over while crossing B.C.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)