We stayed for one night in mid October and were "put off" on arrival as there were about twenty flies in the window of the room. Reception said there was nothing they could do as they get in even though the window and fly screens are closed!!! We had to ask to be moved to a north facing room - away from the sun.
Apart from this initial setback, we found the room comfortable and spacious. The pool and (very) hot tub, and the restaurant food and service were good. The location next to the Trans Canada Highway was also convenient for an overnight stop.
Golden itself was a "dead end town", but the surrounding scenery in the fall was nice. Kicking Horse ski resort was about 12km away - there is a massive development program going on there at the moment. Should be nice when it's finished!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Rocky Mountains, the Prestige Inn Golden is an elegant full service property on the Trans-Canada Highway. Ideal for the corporate or leisure traveler, relax in one of our Deluxe Guestrooms, Studio Guestrooms, or Designer Suites. Our facilities include indoor pool, hot tub, fitness centre, restaurant, lounge, and liquor store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Prestige Inn Golden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestige Inn Golden Hotel Golden
- Prestige Mountainside Hotel Golden