“We loved our stay at Super 8 in Golden.”
Review of Super 8 Golden

Super 8 Golden
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 25 July 2011

STAYED FROM JULY 17 to 18, 2011.
As we were lucky to get the kitchen suite, it was a very spacious, neat and clean room. The atmosphere was very peaceful. The young girl who attended to us in the evening of July 17, 2011 was very polite and courteous. The gentleman who checked us out was also very professional and courteous. Overall, a good experience and will recommend this motel to all friends and family.
Saleem Ansari
Ottawa, Ontario

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2011

we had planned to stay in Cochrane, but wanted to make better time on this leg of our trip, So changed our stay to Golden. Won't do that again. Place smelled smokey, did not look overly clean. Carpet may have been vaccuumed, but was past the point of ever being able to look good again. There was a jacuzzi, but my dad said he would not want any of my kids to go in it from the way it looked. Very substandard to all the Super 8's we stayed in through Alberta and Saskatchewan.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank chani_BC
Reviewed 14 June 2011

On a recent trip from coastal British Columbia to Calgary Alberta I felt the need to find a hotel/motel after driving all day . I chose the Super 8 in Golden BC , it being a national name . It was a grave mistake . I wanted a non-smoking room which the clerk charged me for . I awoke in the middle of the night smelling cigarette smoke and discovering all the bed linen had that smell . Other problems with this facility was the deplorable condition of the bath and shower area which was dirty and moldy . All the towels in the bathroom also had the unpleasant aroma of cigarette smoke . And; to top it off the sink in the bathroom was plugged ! This was definitely a nightmare I want to forget .

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank ED12348
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Have stayed at this Super 8 a few times and found it to be just right. When skiing, enjoyed the hot tub, when passing through town we like the Golden Grizzly across the street for dinner, when going mountaineering it was a great staging spot. This last stay I realized I may have left something behind so a week later, as we passed through town going home, I stopped in and yes, there it was! They could easily have just thrown it away. Kind of them. Service was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BurnabyAnita
Reviewed 18 September 2010

It was just a little bit pricey compared to the low rent motels that sometimes grudgingly allow pets, but well worth it. We basically enjoyed a one-bedroom suite with a full kitchen, wholesome carpeting, and good internet. It also seemed pretty quiet, for having a highway on one side and train tracks on another.

• Stayed: September 2010
3  Thank Drivemuch
Reviewed 21 July 2010

For the price of this place you do not receive the value. The breakfast room only has 4 tables and a very very limited choice of breakfast food. The walls are paper thin and you can hear the people on either side of you and above you. WiFi is poor, hard to stay connected. Would I stay here again, in a pinch I would, but I will check out the other hotels in Golden first.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 10 February 2010

Noting fancy, but within walking distance of a few good restraunts, nice clean room, ample parking. Complementary breakfast has room for improvement though,

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business