“It is Super 8!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Golden

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Super 8 Golden
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Golden
“It is Super 8!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in spite of the bad reviews because we arrived in town late without a reservation.

Furniture is a little dated but the room was clean and the staff were really friendly.

Not fancy. Not great but if you are on a budget or in a pinch, don't be scared to stay here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This place should have been demolished a long time ago. It is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at. DO NOT STAY HERE. The carpet was sticky, the bed was heavily stained and sheets were not clean, there were bugs inside the room, the faucet dripped for so long it had worn out the sink, the room had no towels, it smelled terrible, and there was mold in the bathroom.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Donna M, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Golden, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We are sorry that your experience at the Super 8 in Golden did not meet your expectations. We make it a practice to share all our guest’s comments with our staff and management team. We will conduct a deep clean on the room you stayed in. It is through comments such as yours that we work to help improve guests' experiences.

Travellers are raving about these Golden hotels

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel needs a lot of cleaning and people on front desk who actually understand English!
I was so disappointed! I booked through Booking.com and close to the date they sent me an offer to upgrade to a suite for $21 more. I upgraded because we were traveling with a three year old and also thought we would be getting a nice breakfast plus a good view as advertised. The breakfast was non existent and the view as well, if you consider bushes a view!
The living room couch was so dated that you sit on it and you feel like you are sitting on the floor. I have seen better in the garbage? We asked for extra blankets but I was afraid to use the blanket, not very clean and very,very old!
I was more disappointed in myself because I do my research and normally come up with excellent choices. This was a bad choice.
I have stayed in the Super 8 in Helena, Montana which is excellent but this one in Golden does not even come close!
Will definitely not stay here again.

Room Tip: Just don't bother with this place!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Norman H, Manager at Super 8 Golden, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hello, I have recently taken over as Manager and I am very sorry to hear you feel this way about my Motel. I, along with Super 8, are working with the owner to make improvements. I will post on here with new photos once we get the work done and hope you will give us another chance.
Donna M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a road trip in May for one night... Friendly and helpful staff, the room was clean and quiet, there is a big vacant lot next door for the dog to run in... but ask for extra towels since the towels are really thin!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple