“Clean, comfortable, recently updated room reasonably priced .”
Review of Days Inn Golden

Days Inn Golden
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight enroute to Kamloops with our 5 yr and 9 month old sons.

For $125/night it was a great deal: the rooms were clean , had plenty of space for two rompising munchkins, and came with all amenities (fridge, microwave).

The pool and waterslide was a big hit with our bigger dude. It is an indoor pool that is in a separate building not connected to the hotel but steps away - so bring a hoodie as the night did get cool.

We also enjoyed the continental breakfast included with our stay - the selection had everything you'd expect . The dining room never seemed crowded despite having many ppl coming in and food was promptly restocked as it ran out . (At other locations we have found either no room to sit or no food at morning breakfasts so this was a pleasant surprise).

They are also dog friendly and although our pooch did not come with us on this trip, we will definitely be back on our next pass through Golden.

Probably the best value for a motel in Golden that we have found over the last year :)

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is way below the normal standard of other Days Inn I have stayed at. To start of the website shows checkin is at 2, we are told no it's not until 3. I ask if any rooms are ready early and was told yes but I can not check in anyone until 3. Not a big deal until when we did go back at 3 and mentioned it to another staff member we were told we could have checked you in but there was an emergency and the other front desk person had to go to the hospital, seemed like a lie to cover their butts. When we did check in he room was horrible, very dirty and run down. The smoke detector was hanging off the wall and I pressed the test button nothing happened, a little bit scary. The room was supposed to include a microwave and fridge but we didn't see one so I called he front desk and was told there is a kitchenette but I need to come get a key. Not sure why that wasn't given to me when I checked in. When I unlocked the door, I knew why, the fridge and stove both looked like they were from the 60's. Part of the inside door fell off when I opened it and the pegs the shelves would sit on were all broken. The worst part of this hotel was the pool, the water was dirty and you will never guess how you have to use the waterslide, they have a garden hose to put water down it. At this point I had seen enough and went to try to get a refund so we could go elsewhere. The front desk lady who checked me in was very rude when I shared my complaints and said since we already used the room she would have to charge me 50%. I said we checked in less than an hour ago and asked to talk to the manager. After sharing my concerns about the hotel and how it was below normal Days Inn standards he finally agreed to give me a full refund. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, it is very run down and definately not worth $160 a night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sherri2178
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a decent option for the price. It's not the newest in town, but the rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good with several options including cereals, waffles, toast and juices. The eggs were not great, but overall it was a nice stay.

Stayed: August 2014
Thank Frequent Travel... T
Reviewed 8 August 2014

DON'T stay here !!!! We booked with the hotel and we were assured we'd be in the new part,( which we found out later meant the reno'd area)due to granddaughters allergies to smoke. We arrived local time 9:45 pm to check in. Got the key headed to the room,noticed the concrete balcony didn't look in great shape but couldn't see how truly bad it was because it was getting dark. We opened the room door and were met with a blast of heat and a really funky smell. went in opened the door to the kitchen which was locked and was greeted by a worse blast of heat. Noticed there was air in the room but not turned on. Left the room went to the front desk to complain about the smell and heat of the room. We were told yes they know it's because they were having a heat wave ??? I said ok but the air wasn't even on, she replied yes we're having a heat wave so we don't run the air during the day ??? I felt like asking if they turn off the heat during a cold snap,but let it go. The hotel was full and so were the other hotels in the area so we had to stay. The women at the front desk was getting confrontational so I just took the key and left. Went in to the restaurant to get something to eat,ordered our food and before we even got it we started to get bitten by mosquitoes lots of them!!! Told the waitress and she assured us it was normal at night because the doors are open and there are lots of mosquitoes there. So we got the food to go back up to eat our not so great food in our hot room !! That's when we saw the dirty floor in the kitchen and the not so clean bathroom GROSS ! When we left in the am we got to see the concrete balcony leading to the street level. Wow the re bar is showing through the concrete and there is a hole going thorough, it's also badly chipping away from the railing area. I posted photo's. The lady on the front desk did give us 40.00 dollars off the price,but nothing could make up for this night at hotel hell. Can't believe Day's Inn would put there name on something like this.

Room Tip: choose another hotel !
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stopped at Days inn while I was taking a trip through the Rockies and I did appreciate my stay there. I found the room spacious and clean. In addition, the facilities offered by the inn were well liked by me and my friends: we made use of the heated pool and the restaurant indoors was great as well. I fully recommend others to stop by! Friendly staff and nice rooms for a proper price.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had a wedding to go to and booked the Days Inn for a couple of days.
Front desk staff were friendly at all times
Room was adequate, but nothing too special. Air conditioner was not the best and noisy.
Ice machine on our side of the building was not working so had to go to the other side - not convenient.
Room keys did not work multiple times so had to get the front desk to reset them.
Note to anyone with mobility issues - there are elevators at the property.
They had what looked like underage kids helping to clean the rooms which I found odd. One of the female cleaning staff was barefoot (her feet were very dirty) - havign kids help and the barefoot thing is not professional or proper.

Overall it was an ok stay, but would probably go further into town and upgrade a little.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel has been getting a refresh, and I can imagine that the owners can only spend so much per year, so a 4/5 is for the effort and work they are putting in. Normally in this condition, I'd give a 3/5, but the service was great, the view stunning, and you could tell that the people cared. The pool was a blast for the kids. In all, value was high for the price.

Room Tip: Ask to view the valley. Sunset and sunrise are amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family