Days Inn Golden
Mary's Motel(Golden)
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsroom was cleanhotel restaurantfree breakfastnice poolcheck in was easyfront desk staffkids loved the poollaundry facilitiesnice staytwo queen bedshot tubstayed here for one nightviews of the mountainsyogurtsaunacalgaryvalley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Last year, we made a trip a spontaneous trip and landed in Golden , BC and stayed at this hotel. I was an AMA member and received a deal..even better. Our room last year was nice and staff was nice so we stayed two nights instead of one.BUT this year was a total different experience. I phoned in to book a room. I mention I was an AMA member, she only gave a deal for the more expensive room and not the regular room. Which I thought was strange but I told my husband we stayed here last year and it was good. The staff was not as friendly. The room was on the bottom floor and it was not nice. Doors for bathroom and walks could use a good wash. Beds were ok. Qe went to the hotel restaurant for supper. Maybe three tables with people. Waited so long for drink refills. Supper was not as good as before.vtable was sticky and when I ask for it to be wash. The waitress apologized it was from the breakfast staff didnt clean the tables ( we had supper at 8). She mention she will tell the manager gbryks ecause this was not the first time. The kids had fun in the pool and waterslide. Breakfast was OK. All in all, next time I stay in Golden, I will go try the other newer hotels.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Geoff B
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our way from Winnipeg, Manitoba to Kelowna, BC. The hotel looks fine from the outside but the backdrop of the majestic Rocky Mountains can divert even the most discriminating traveller's attention for a bit.

The common areas (front desk, lobby, restaurant, pool, etc.) were fine. However, the room in which we were placed was not very nice at all. It was in dire need of a makeover. You be the judge from the pictures I am attaching.

Our stay was very quiet as we appeared to be the only ones staying in our wing of the motel.

We also found that this hotel was not very close to town amenities like restaurants and shopping. It is situated at the east end of town away from everything.

Room Tip: Check the room out before having it assigned. Apparently some have been renovated.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Herby125
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed with family for one night on my way to Calgary. This is a excellent clean and modern facility. The rooms are nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight enroute to Kamloops with our 5 yr and 9 month old sons.

For $125/night it was a great deal: the rooms were clean , had plenty of space for two rompising munchkins, and came with all amenities (fridge, microwave).

The pool and waterslide was a big hit with our bigger dude. It is an indoor pool that is in a separate building not connected to the hotel but steps away - so bring a hoodie as the night did get cool.

We also enjoyed the continental breakfast included with our stay - the selection had everything you'd expect . The dining room never seemed crowded despite having many ppl coming in and food was promptly restocked as it ran out . (At other locations we have found either no room to sit or no food at morning breakfasts so this was a pleasant surprise).

They are also dog friendly and although our pooch did not come with us on this trip, we will definitely be back on our next pass through Golden.

Probably the best value for a motel in Golden that we have found over the last year :)

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is way below the normal standard of other Days Inn I have stayed at. To start of the website shows checkin is at 2, we are told no it's not until 3. I ask if any rooms are ready early and was told yes but I can not check in anyone until 3. Not a big deal until when we did go back at 3 and mentioned it to another staff member we were told we could have checked you in but there was an emergency and the other front desk person had to go to the hospital, seemed like a lie to cover their butts. When we did check in he room was horrible, very dirty and run down. The smoke detector was hanging off the wall and I pressed the test button nothing happened, a little bit scary. The room was supposed to include a microwave and fridge but we didn't see one so I called he front desk and was told there is a kitchenette but I need to come get a key. Not sure why that wasn't given to me when I checked in. When I unlocked the door, I knew why, the fridge and stove both looked like they were from the 60's. Part of the inside door fell off when I opened it and the pegs the shelves would sit on were all broken. The worst part of this hotel was the pool, the water was dirty and you will never guess how you have to use the waterslide, they have a garden hose to put water down it. At this point I had seen enough and went to try to get a refund so we could go elsewhere. The front desk lady who checked me in was very rude when I shared my complaints and said since we already used the room she would have to charge me 50%. I said we checked in less than an hour ago and asked to talk to the manager. After sharing my concerns about the hotel and how it was below normal Days Inn standards he finally agreed to give me a full refund. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, it is very run down and definately not worth $160 a night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family