“Homestyle Authentic Chinese Food”

Kicking Horse Palace
Ranked #35 of 56 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Arlington, Texas, United States
“Homestyle Authentic Chinese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

We came to Kicking Horse Palace in May 2013 when we stayed in Golden for the night. The Chinese food is very refreshing here. It tastes authentic and home-made, almost like how my Mom makes it! It was great to be able to eat something healthy and yummy, while away from home.

I would recommend the soup, you can tell there wasn't a lot of random added ingredients. It was just pure, delicious soup. Highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ayr, Canada
“Surprisingly Good Chinese Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed in Golden on a Sunday night and there really aren't many choices for dinner. The usual fast-food chain restaurants along the Trans-Canada highway didn't interest us.

We were staying at the Golden Village Inn and, fortunately, the Kicking Horse Palace was right next door. We weren't really looking to eat Chinese Food but it was handy and there weren't too many other choices.

The restaurant is visible from the Trans-Canada Highway and has a fairly large seating capacity. (After we finished, I noticed a tour bus pull in for dinner.)

The menu had all the usual items one finds at a Chinese Restaurant. We ordered a large Hot and Sour Soup, Shrimp Fried Rice, General Tso Chicken and Beef with Chinese Vegetables.

The food was much better than we expected. And the Hot and Sour Soup was one of the best I've ever eaten. My partner said this was the best Chinese Food he's ever had. I wouldn't go that far but it was very good food. The portions were very generous but we managed to eat all of it.

I would recommend this place to anyone who likes Chinese Food.

• Visited September 2012