“Not a burger joint.”

Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Wolf's Den is a full service restaurant specializing in homemade food that is prepared fresh and from scratch every day! •Delicious... specializing in Prime Steaks and a wide array of gourmet homemade burgers the Wolf's Den is sure to have something delicious for everyone to sink their teeth into. •Satisfying... with our steaks cut to individually ordered size, our massive 8 oz. patties and large portion sizes there is no doubt that you will leave happy and satisfied with your dinner. •Beautiful... our large and historic log building is situated near the banks of the Kicking Horse River and offers stunning 180 degree mountain vistas that will leave you breathless and awe inspired while you sit back and enjoy your experience. A large selection of cold beer on ice, a magnificent and varied wine selection, crisp and clean beer on tap and a large selection of specialized cocktails, martinis and blended beverages will be sure to get the good times started and keep them rolling! Featuring Golden's largest HD big screen playing all sports... all the time on our super clear 60" HD TV!
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Had the special of the day which was marinated chicken breast with fresh veggies. Nice portion. The service was friendly. The place itself was rather dark and they had fans going with the doors open. This made the room a bit cold. After mentioning it, they closed one door which made things a little better.

2  Thank R P

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I guess when the bartender is also your waiter, I should have known how the meal was going to turn out. Took us 25 minutes to order, 25 minutes for food, only to discover my wife's steak was over cooked. We are not complainers, so she ate it without sending it back. Just a warning not to go on a Sunday early evening.

3  Thank Robdswab
Curt T, Owner at The Wolf's Den, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

I truly apologize for your experience. It is certainly not overlooked as we really care about our guests! Sometimes you can get caught unprepared for unusually extremely busy nights and I do believe that is what happened in this case. The wolfs den is so popular that once in a while we can get so busy all at once that our normal attention to detail and great service suffers as we try to take care of everyone at once as best we can. This is not an excuse however, just an explanation of the challenges our industry faces at times. I encourage you to voice your concerns in person at any time in my establishments and any future restaurants as well as I can assure you that any conscientious owner would be more than happy to respond as soon as possible rather than suffer from poor reviews such as these that certainly do not reflect the general experience of our valued guests. Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that you give us an opportunity again to show what we have become known for from a service and food quality standpoint.

With kind regards,
Curt Thorne

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Wolf's Den was our favourite place to eat in Golden.

Big carpark to the side of the pub, so plenty of parking.

Great atmosphere in the pub, although we sat outside as it was such a lovely evening.
The outside area is very nice, with comfy chairs and plenty of space.

The pub is famed for it's burgers and I have to say the burgers are certainly up there with the best I have ever had!
Plenty of choices of beers and delivered from helpful and friendly staff.

I would highly recommended anyone staying in Golden to go to The Wolf's Den and if we go back to Golden we'll be there for sure.

Great Place!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Whether it's one of the local brews, or one of the very generously sized burgers, the Wolf's Den is worth the visit. Originally called The Mad Trapper, the rustic themed restaurant has a diverse enough menu to keep most every one happy.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Was camping in the nearby campground when a local suggested we come here. Am I ever glad we did!! Was with a group of four and all of us really enjoyed what we ordered, I got the mac attack which is SO addicting I wish I could of finished it!! (huge portions) the waitress we had mixed up our bills a few times and didn't check up on us as much as we would of liked (she was also new) other then that I would definitely go back, so yummy+great tunes!!