“Stinky rooms and mediocre customer service”

Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The family suite w/full kitchen that we used was really stinky, and pretty run-down, and the air con pretty noisy. We arrived on a Friday evening, and staff claimed no maintenance crew was available until Monday to address these issues, nor would they offer us any kind of discount. Would not rush back.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The room was big and clean and we liked our sleep quality.

The breakfast short time slot and small room size made for morning pandemonium.

But if you don't book the room for the breakfast then is a decent place to stay while driving through Golden.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Good location, clean and comfortable room, bad breakfast, great pool, hot tub and water slide area! Room cleaning was marginal, staff was only somewhat helpful and got worked up when we needed an extra half hour to check out...

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful but the room was dirty with sticky, old gum on the carpet in more than one place.
The pool was supposed to be open at 8 am and at 8:30 we had to get the staff to open the pool area and take off the cover.
The breakfast was poor at best. They said there would be eggs and there wasn't. Just cereal and waffles and fruit.
In their defence they did refund us $16 because they said their was things in the breakfast that weren't. We would not stay again for $170 (with taxes). We were reminded to always look at the room first before deciding.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stay here with work a few times a year and my last experience was less than acceptable. The beds, tv's, bathroom, air conditioning/heating are acceptable and the owners seem nice but I found the front desk lady exceptionally rude. She repeated the nights I was staying and when I replied 'sure' she pointedly countered with 'the answer is either yes or no' then asked if I had had a long drive, which I in fact did. I was too stunned to reply. Customers, especially those who repeatedly stay several nights shouldn't have to deal with this nonsense when all I wanted was some pleasantries and to be able to check into my room. I also found an empty granola bar wrapper on my window sill...so that gives you an idea of the level of cleaning. The breakfasts are never really any good and always very busy. The waffle iron was broken on the second night I stayed there (likely from overuse) and several unhappy looking couples and families due to this.

I have worked for many years in the customer service industry so I was disappointed in my experience. Time to switch to one of the newer hotels or cute motels?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed one night in a room with 2 queen beds. Beds were very comfortable with quality pillows. Rooms were clean and included a fridge and microwave. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. With a continental breakfast included, this was a great value option and highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jan3tr
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This lodge is on a unique property which has it's own fire pit, and BBQ area you can take advantage of. That's something I have never seen before offered at a motel. I've stayed here several times over the years and they're always updating and changing things. The staff have always been amazing to us, and more than willing to help with inquiries or eateries if you ask. They still have a river that runs through the back trail. It's definitely not your typical lodge, it has the Golden outdoors theme. The hot tub and sauna were great after a day out rafting. Highly recommended if you want something different, clean, and unique.

• Stayed: June 2014
Travellers also viewed these Golden hotels
Days Inn Golden
Glacier Mountaineer Lodge - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Prestige Inn Golden
Prestige Inn Golden
#4 of 18 in Golden

Been to Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge

Address: 1200 12th St N, Golden, British Columbia V0A 1H0, Canada (Formerly Sportsman Lodge)
Region: Canada > British Columbia > Kootenay Rockies > Golden
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Price Range: £59 - £125 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge 2.5*
Travelodge Golden boasts pool with waterslide, hot tub and sauna. One of only 2 accommodations in Golden with a great FREE continental breakfast. One of Golden's most popular accommodations centrally located within walking distance from a dozen restaurants, service stations and a 15 minute drive to Kicking Horse Mountain Resort. Great package deals all year round. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Travelodge Golden Sportsman Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sportsman Hotel Golden