“Highlight of the Trip--The Folks at White N Wild”

White N’ Wild Snowmobile Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: White N Wild Snowmobile Tours offers guided snowmobile tours in the scenic Canadian Rockies from December through April, appropriate for the experienced rider as well as the first timer! Suggested age to ride as passenger, 5 years old, Suggested minimum driving age is 14-16+. All experience levels are welcome, training is provided. All necessary gear is included, and most tours include a mountainside barbecue lunch served at an elevation of 7000 feet! Get ready for an epic adventure with White N Wild Snowmobile Tours and take home memories to last a lifetime! Take advantage of our free shuttle service from Canmore, Banff and Lake Louise. Call us today!
Reviewed 7 May 2017

My girlfriend and I decided to head up to BC over the wintertime vacation, so this review is way late. A little crazy, perhaps, especially when it was -22 F. Anyway, we happened to be staying in Golden, just down the road from White N Wild, and were looking for a snowmobiling place.

This was both of our first times on a snowmobile. I ride motorcycles, so the shifting around on my butt concept was familiar. You will get instruction on how to operate the snowmobile, and the staff is happy to take as much time with you as necessary to help you get the hang of it. They will provide you with a helmet, jumpsuit (onesie), gloves, goggles, and other basics.

The White n Wild staff made our half-day ride memorable, fun, and gorgeous. After riding through the alpine, we stopped for hot cocoa and some food. The Skidoos were brand new, powerful units by the way. The half-day isn't particularly strenuous--the most work I did was laughing my abs back into shape at Jim's (our guide) jokes.

All throughout our ride, as well as after we got back to the lodge, we had wonderful conversations with Jim and the rest of the staff. We would sit around for hours just talking about the area, life in Golden, life in general, and all things in between. Jim has lived in Golden for most of his life, much like a good portion of the White n Wild crew, which I think is important. They all understand that the area in/around Golden is a treasure which must be protected and we had a great time talking about the way it is in BC.

We had so much fun on our snowmobiling tour and hanging around with Jim and the crew that we decided to do the full day backcountry tour later in the week as well. While the first ride was fun, the backcountry tour is where the real fun is.

As a note, the backcountry tour goes above the treeline up to fresh powder. It's fun, but it can be some physical work (sliding your butt around and learning to get un-stuck).

When we do come back to Golden, we're going straight to White n Wild to say hi!

Bottom line is this: you'll have an amazing time on the snowmobiling tour (if you listen, laugh, and have fun!), but stay for the people. Jim, Brad, Dave, everyone. They're what makes White n Wild and Golden at large so special!!!!

whitenwildGolden_BC, Front Office Manager at White N’ Wild Snowmobile Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Wow, thank you ever so much for such a glowing review! It is never too late to leave your comments for others as they are 'shopping' year-round for their next holiday adventure! We are thrilled to hear you were able to come back a second time and got to experience a great piece of paradise with us. These mountains are truly remarkable and it doesn't hurt to have such a great team to spend your day with in such an amazing place, a place we are lucky enough to call home. We are proud of our team, and we all strive to make your day as awesome as we can. We'll certainly pass your comments onto Jim and the crew!

Well, the grass is turning green here now but we will be back playing in the snow in a few short months! We hope to see you then!

All the best--have a great summer!

~From the Team at White N Wild Snowmobile Tours!

All reviews
"lunch cooked"
"fried onions"
"boxing day"

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Fantastic way to spend an afternoon! My hubby and I ride sport bikes. We were worried we may be bored since we decided to ride together and the doubles only get a 600cc engine. (My Honda motorcycle is over 900 cc!) I decided to ride on the back 1st and had a blast! Riding on the back was quite a hysterical Adventure! Plus I got to take pics. If you're a little timid.... trust me.... drive your own lol. There was another lady who had no riding experience and she drove her own. She had a good time. I had equal fun when we swapped and I drove. I could not believe the sights! I've been snowmobiling 1 other time in Wyoming and it was more of a fast flat run. This was just breathtaking as we wound through the trails up and down the mountain!!! Much more than I ever imagined. Dawn and dude were fun guides. They fitted us all with gear first and explained everything very well. Very concerned with our safety BUT also made sure we all had a blast at our different riding ability levels! We pulled over for lunch cooked on the side of no where, and look closely at one picture.... they even let us feed their flying friends who swooped down to get bread from our hands.... I would absolutely recommend!!

whitenwildGolden_BC, Front Office Manager at White N’ Wild Snowmobile Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Thank you for your lovely review! We are pleased that you were not disappointed, and that you in fact had a great day in the mountains with us! Snowmobiling is an adventure all its own, and it doesn't hurt that we have this spectacular back-drop of the Rocky Mountains to show off to you! We encourage anyone to drive on their own snowmobile, it is both so much fun and very safe when you are in complete control of your own machine! There is no need to be nervous-you are in very capable hands. No experience is necessary and we always make sure safety is first, but also ensure you have a wonderful time!

Thank you for choosing us-we know you have other choices! See you next time!

From the crew at White N Wild!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Our first time snowmobiling, awesome tour, beautiful views and great BBQ.
I would definitely come back again

whitenwildGolden_BC, General Manager at White N’ Wild Snowmobile Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share! These reviews are very valuable to us!

See you next season!!

From all of us at White N Wild!

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

This was an awesome tour. We did the full day. It was worth every penny we spent for it. Everyone was so nice and the Bbq lunch and snacks were so good. It was absolutely gorgeous where we went. 7000 feet up. Wow. We were blown away. If you are near there it is a must to do !!!!

whitenwildGolden_BC, Front Office Manager at White N’ Wild Snowmobile Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

We are so glad you were able to experience this wonderful adventure with us! Thank you for your kind comments. Looking forward to next time you can visit us in the beautiful Rocky Mountains!

From all of us at White N Wild!