Heather Mountain Lodge
US$145
US$141
Prestige Inn Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$216
Rondo Motel(Golden)
US$80
US$71
Country Comfort Bed & Breakfast(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$120
Whitewater Lodge(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$176
US$141
Le Beausoleil Bed and Breakfast(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$144
Tschurtschenthaler Lodge B and B(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$318
Orbitz.com
All reviewsheli skiingglacier national parkmain buildingseparate buildingfamily weddinghot tubfire pithiking trailsgreat stopmini fridgeoverlooking the mountainsroad tripgreat place to staytranscanada highwaywood stovecanadian rockiesrevelstoke
Reviewed 30 October 2009

We chose to stay at Heather Mountain Lodge as a break in our journey from Jasper to the Okanagan. Previously we had stayed at very crowded, expensive and poor quality hotels in Golden. What a surprise this was. A quiet location with mountain views, comfortable rooms and an excellent restaurant (some meals were a bit expensive though). They also have an excellent wine menu.

The Lodge was obviously set up for winter skiing and we would imagine that it would be an excellent place for this. However, our summer stop over was one to be repeated.

If we have any complaints it is that there were no tea and coffee making facilities in the room. We did ask for this and were provided with one of the few kettles available. Also breakfast was not anything to write home about. However, all in all a good place to stop.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2009

On many trans-Canada highway journeys, we had driven by the sign and this time we stopped for a night. Was expecting a drive of more than the 500 metres to the Lodge, situated within earshot of the TCH. Main Lodge houses reception, restaurant and bar while outbuilding has guest rooms. Dinner was good (Buffalo burgers $15, and more expensive items $25+). No inroom coffee. Satellite TV good, but limited channels. Breakfast buffet style average. Cheerios only cereal offered. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We spent one night in this lodge on the way back home from Canadian Rockies to Chilliwack, BC in the early July, 2008. The room was clean and had two King size beds (or Queen size, I am not sure) and not the most comfortable one to sleep for four person (my wife and two sons) but not bad either. Just a bit too tight for our family.

We arrived there a bit late (10:45PM beware they use Mountain Time) and the staff left an envelope with the room key inside at the front door because I let them know by phone we could be late on that day. I can't say really about the surroundings because we stayed there so short time but just with a glimpse in the morning it was tucked in from the #1 hwy and very quiet and beautiful place. I wish I could spend more nights enjoying hiking near trails.

The front desk lady was extremely friendly to us and the breakfast we had at the next morning was actually THE BEST we had ever. The server in the restaurant was nice too (Sorry Jennifer, I forgot to add tip for you in my credit card bill) and we all four really enjoyed the breakfast. The building itself was a big log house and it was so beautiful in or out. The photo I took for their flower basket hung outside was the most beautiful photo I have taken in this trip.

I would recommend to everybody this cute, quiet, friendly place. One minor downside comment is that the picture frames and sculpture they chose to decorate the room didn't look to me (and my sons too) very artistic or soothing.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 10 September 2007

It seems to me that hotels are of two types: those that are incidental to your trip and, as a result, ultimately forgettable; and those that are so wonderful that they stand out in your mind as a highlight of the trip. This hotel is definitely in the latter category -- it's a true gem and I've been recommending it to friends and family ever since I've been back from my vacation.

The service is exceptionally warm and friendly. The staff all appear to be in their late 20s (we dealt directly with three of them over the course of our stay) and were extremely warm and friendly, yet professional, and consistently bent over backwards to make sure we had a great time there even though the two of us were only staying for one night.

The rooms are not just clean, but are beautiful, of a good size, and stylish. It looks like someone went to a place like IKEA and meticulously planned all of the decor (which beats the drab, mass produced decor you see in most hotels thoughout North America). Our room also had a beautiful view of the forest and mountains.

The lodge is located just before you enter Glacier National Park from the east and is perfect as a launchpad for hikes there, which is just what we were off to do the next day.

I have to mention the food -- it was, without a doubt, the best food we had anywhere on our two week road trip from Winnipeg. The breakfast was phenomenal: fresh fruit, delicious "high end" scrambled eggs (not the goop you get at most hotel breakfast buffets), french toast, yogurt, and excellent coffee.

A night's stay cost us about $145, which was a tremendous deal considering the wonderful service, great rooms, and perfect location. The only downside: you'll be sad to leave.

I go through this part of BC every few years and will never stay anywhere but here!

Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank rlennon1
Reviewed 5 November 2006

Although this lodge is quite a ways out of Golden, it is a great gateway to Glacier National Park, where we spent 4 days hiking. The lodge is used for heli-skiing in the winter, but is also open in the summer and has reasonable rates for the quality of lodging. The food was awesome and there is an outside dining deck high off the ground so the mosquitos are not a problem. The staff was attentive to our special needs but forgot to change our towels the first 2 days. Each room has 2 queen beds with cozy down duvets and great views overlooking a valley and mountains.
Contrary to advertising on their web site, [----], there is no heli-hiking in the summer.
We stayed here in July of 2006.

2  Thank RockyMountainDiva