This place feels like a hotel corporation did the absolute minimum required to get a certain hotel rating and skimped on everything else. Service is lackluster, the amenities scarce. But it does look nice, and you can ski in-ski out.
* Well situated for ski in/ski out
* No character to speak of
* One person on staff for maybe 50 rooms. The person has no authority.
* Awful beds. "King size" means they push two twins next to each other. My girlfriend and I found this uncomfortable and asked the clerk if there were any real kings or queens. He told us he would check to see what could be done (by calling his boss) and would then call us in our room. A call never came. Unsurprisingly, when he went back down to the desk, he told us "sorry." The hotel was clearly empty and they could have changed our room.
To make matters worse, the blanket and comforter are rather nasty polyester affairs, kind of like you expect at a Motel 6 in Nevada. It's about as far away as you can get from a bed at the Westin.
* During checkin, the clerk cheerfully informed us that there was no maid service during our stay. We could get new towels if we asked for them.
* They advertised free wireless Internet. It was free, but the speed was unbearably slow. Web surfing was not possible.
* Guest rooms are small (1 bedrooms looked bigger)
* The lounge consists of three couches surrounding a gas fireplace. It's OK waiting for your party, but you wouldn't want to hang out there. There's no food, coffee, or bar in the hotel.
Overall, I wouldn't stay here again. There might be better values on the mountain; I'd probably stay in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2006, the Palliser Lodge is well situated in one of the area’s premier locations, boasting spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains and ski slope activities. The Lodge, just walking distance to the Gondola base at Kicking Horse Mountain, ensures quiet enjoyment while maintaining the convenience of ski-in/ski-out access to the mountain. Other features include: private hot tubs, full kitchens, exercise room and underground parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Palliser Lodge - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palliser Hotel Golden