“Water Advisory”

Palliser Lodge - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This had to potential to be a great experience as the location on the ski hill, views and little village area were good. But we arrived only to find a water advisory for the hotel, two water tests had revealed ecoli in the water. I realize this is not the hotel's fault but I do have health issues that could be seriously impacted by this so would have appreciated being told this when we booked our room as we would have stayed somewhere else. We were handed three small bottles of water, thanks, and told we could drink the water if we weren't in the high risk groups. When we got to our room, it had a special lock with a code which we weren't told about so trudged down the hill in the rain to get the code. I rated this experience on the low side as not being advised about the water issues beforehand was not acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Liz M

Reviewed 17 July 2014

People complained about staying here in summer and the lack of AIr Conditioner. True there is no AC, but unless you run majorly hot it shouldn't be a problem. We stayed in mid July and the ambient day time high was 30C during our stay. We had no problems staying cool. The temp drops drastically at night in the mountains, to around 10C, so we opened the windows at night and closed them during the day, that being said we were on the 2nd floor, the 3rd and 4th are probably hotter. We had a problem with our cards, opening and closing the garage, they didn't work on the second day. We also didn't get a receipt when we checked out. But all else was good. Nice place, good kitchen, in-suite laundry etc. it had what we needed!

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor during the summer.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Timothy C, Hotel Manager at Palliser Lodge - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your detailed review of The Palliser Lodge. I am glad you enjoyed your family getaway in the mountains!

As the rental manager, Bellstar is working on summer solutions with our owners and property manager at Palliser, for ventilation and air conditioning.

I am also happy to report that we have had our card reader issue looked after!

I hope we can welcome you back to the area in future. Please "like" Kicking Horse Lodging on Facebook for frequent updates.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Yes it is out of town but really do you want to stay in downtown Golden? 15k off the highway at the ski hill and the place was perfect. Comfortable room and facilities with all the amendments you could ask for. BBQ and outdoor hot tub located in a very quiet {in the summer} location. Great value for what we paid. Yes you have no front desk and need to check in down the street but it was no issue.

Room Tip: higher up facing the front for a better veiw
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beernsuds
Timothy C, Hotel Manager at Palliser Lodge - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Dear Beernsuds,

Thank you very much for your great review of our Palliser Lodge at Kicking Horse. I could not agree more with you in terms of staying on mountain versus in town, the serenity is most certainly worth the beautiful drive up the hill!

The BBQ and common area kitchen at Palliser are great for small or large gatherings. I hope we can welcome you back in the future. Please be sure to mention you are a repeat guest for a special rate!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here during the last weekend of June and loved the peaceful atmosphere of staying up at the mountain versus in town in Golden. It's definitely worth the 10 minute drive up - not to mention the baby black bears you get to see on the way! Being surrounded by the trees, sound of running water and endless views of the valley was much needed as an escape from city life.
Upon arrival, the front desk was very welcoming and informative. The suite was well-cleaned, maintained and beautiful but my favorite part was definitely the private hot tub; what a nice perk! Even though the front desk is not in the same building, it's a short drive away and the underground parking in Palliser makes unloading quick and easy.
Pros: Stay in Golden to avoid expensive hotel rates in Lake Louise or Banff, as they are only a quick drive during which you get to see more of BC and Alberta's beautiful surroundings!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Timothy C, Hotel Manager at Palliser Lodge - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Megan,

Thank you very much for taking the time share your fantastic review! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with us at The Palliser Lodge.

I must admit, the private hot tubs are great right outside your door. I also appreciate your helpful information about the surrounding area based on your experiences here.

See you next time!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I just returned home after spending a week at Palliser Lodge at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort. The well-appointed suite was very clean and spacious and non to mention it offered outstanding views of the ski hill. The Resort is perfect to utilize as a base point for travelling to nearby National Parks for day trips and the town of Golden is only a short 15 minute drive from the Resort.

Overall it was a memorable experience and I will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mountain_Spirit8

Dear Mountain Spirit,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of The Palliser Lodge. Your photo looks great, thank you for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

Further, thank you for sharing some helpful advice with potential guests about the area and adventures it has to offer!

We look forward to your return. Until then, please feel free to join our eClub to receive the most exclusive deals and packages prior to public release!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed here for one week in early April the condo was very clean in the important areas but if you had to go behind the settee or beds to retrieve something, it was a bit dusty.
I did comment on this to the receptionist and they very much listened to me and said that they would ask housekeeping to look into this.
Apart from this, we found the views from the condo to be really great, the hot tub was clean and well maintained( we had our own hot tub!).
It was lovely and peaceful, the heating system was excellent and I loved the under floor heating in the bathroom!
The elevator was really useful when you've arrived with all your bags and the baggage trolley too!
In previous reviews I've noted comments on the inconvenience of checking in in Glacier Lodge.
We just drove straight to Glacier Lodge for check in and check out.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4 th floor facing the very quiet road have good mountain views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Timothy C, Hotel Manager at Palliser Lodge - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Hello Kirbyxx,

Thank you for taking to time to share this wonderful review with us!

I am thrilled to hear you were able to take full advantage of the resort, its views and amenities including your private hot tub. I must admit, it does not get better than sitting in the hot tub, enjoying a cold beverage and getting lost in the beautiful views Palliser has to offer!

We are actively working on a front desk for Palliser for the upcoming winter season which will be far more convenient for our guests and owners!

We would love to have you back in the future! Please mention you are a repeat guest for a special deal or join our eClub for the most exclusive and up to date packages.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here with a friend for two nights. Got to the room and it was beautiful, 2 separate bedrooms each with their own bathroom, and a big deck with a hot tub on it. Enjoying our vacation we stayed up until 4 am just to have the room across the hall from us start the renovations at 8:30am. And it was not quiet at all. There is no sound proofing in these rooms so there was no chance of falling back asleep. Made it out skiing for the day to come back to the room and relax only to have the reno's continue on until 6:30. Once again extremely loud. For me the worst part was when I mentioned it upon checkout they were sorry. That's it. Now I wasn't expecting a full return or anything crazy, but even a $20 voucher for food or a 10% discount next time we stayed there would have been nice. Over $200 a night for a room and it would have bee nice to have been able to to sleep until at least 10am before getting rudely awaken by the reno's going on right across the hallway. But they were sorry. So based on the lack of customer service and caring I will never stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Saskatchey

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay at our Palliser Lodge with us. We appreciate the feedback as I always helps us grow.

Firstly, I would like to offer you my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the work being done during your stay. I have since followed up with the contractor to ensure this has not occurred since.

Moreover, I find it unacceptable that you were dealt with in such a negative way when you brought it to our Guest Services Team's attention.

Please contact me directly via email at timc@bellstar.ca as I would like to make this right for you.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation aside from the issues mentioned.

We would love to have you back for an exceptional stay this time!