“Awesome place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Golden
Quantum Leaps Lodge
Ranked #24 of 43 Speciality Lodging in Golden
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed one night in the cliff house and one night in the teepee. Both were great. Chickens followed us around and were friendly. We used the hot tub after playing in the mud baths and swimming in the refreshing river. The mud is great for giving you super soft skin. Both Brian and Annette were awesome and friendly. All of us did the firewalk and it was amazing. It is a very beautiful and peaceful setting. We will return again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Shannon N

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Excellent lodge called South Point Cottage. 5 beds, 2 showers, lounge, kitchen with plenty of space at the balcony. Relaxing with free range hens, river rafting, mud baths, massages by Annette. Excellent home away from home. As we are amongst nature mosquitoes were a slight nuisance, spray with Deet is a must before sitting out in the verandah. fill syrup in the receptable and hummingbirds are bickering to feed. Annette and Brian the owners are delightful and helpful to make your stay wholesome and homely. Clean environment with home grown vegetables.
Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: South Point Cottage is highly secluded and very self contained
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JPearceHampshire_UK
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Let me start by saying this is a really beautiful property and nice lodge. We stayed here in the winter while ski touring at rogers pass. There is a rule around alcohol (you can only drink wine - no beer) which we were aware of when booking. After a day of hard skiing we were relaxing in the hot tub responsibly enjoying a single beer. The owner came down and asked us to please obey the rules. We put the beer down and that was that. Until I was cooking breakfast at 7 am the next morning when he felt it necessary to come lecture me. He was very upset and in the end stuck his arm out and gave me the middle finger saying "drinking and not obeying the rules is like me telling you to [--]. That's not the way to start the day in paradise.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank mattyfarr
quantumleaps, Owner at Quantum Leaps Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you so much for pointing out how serious we are about our alcohol policy. We are really serious. When we say no beer drinking we mean no beer drinking. We make sure our customers know that well ahead of time. We are a spiritual retreat centre and we wish people to be here for peace, relaxation, and rejuvenation; as the other reviews point out. We are sorry for the strong language we used but it seems that otherwise people just don't get it! And that is very frustrating to us. We invited you onto our property as a guest and our expectation is that you follow the policies we put forth. You also failed to mention that the beer drinking was occuring in the hot tub under the sign that says NO ALCOHOL in the hot tub! So for all those people that are reading this, if our policies do not suit your lifestyle there are many many lodges in Golden that will be very happy with your business. Namaste.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Google found us "Dog Friendly Accommodation near Golden BC" and we couldn't have been happier anywhere else. Quantum Leaps, while dog friendly as claimed - turned out to be more than just that...it was what we needed even when we didn't know we needed it.

We were greeting with warm smiles and introduced to our new "home" by Annette. It was absolutely stunning....relaxing from the moment we got out of the car. Nestled int he woods on a ledge overlooking the river. The warm wood interior and open space design of Brian's cabin is fantastic. One bedroom on the main level which we did not use and four upstairs. Two full bathrooms, one with a shower, the other with a supersized tub. The beds were made even better thanks to these little 2 foot by 1 foot windows that were right at pillow level. What a brilliant design. I woke up every morning feeling like I was sleeping outside!

Upstairs two of the rooms are joined by a large deck that spans the entire front of the cabin overlooking the river through the trees. I was mid July so the mosquitoes were around but didn't seem to bother flying up to that deck so we spent a good deal of time there.

The dog was welcomed all around the grounds and allowed off leash at the river. The chickens run free during the day so they appreciated our Holly being leashed because she was certainly interested in these crazy looking playthings walking around.

The river is a whole new world. We were down at the river twice a day with our dog and each time we got a little bit braver about the mud. Sure enough, by the last evening we were ALL covered head to toe in the soft silty mud. Our daughter, oddly the most reluctant had the time of her life! We spent nearly three and a half hours down there just making mud mountains, throwing sticks for Holly and generally relaxing. The warm shoreside shower was a perfect rinse and we all had the best sleep that evening.

Fresh eggs every morning and let me tell you it felt good to feed our daughter food that we knew exactly where it came from - a rare opportunity in today's world. In fact we've come home and started sourcing all of our meats and eggs from local suppliers that don't subscribe to industry practices opting for free range, chemical and hormone free options.

I'm reluctant to share this next bit because I think for us it's what made our stay "just what we didn't know we needed". My wife saw a note on the info sheet in our cabin that said "wireless internet is available between 7am and 10pm" We didn't really think much of it until our first night, at 10:30pm when we tried to hit the internet. Sure enough. It was turned off.

Now, before you go on thinking "Well, who would want to stay there then?" just think about it a moment. My wife, who'd been working hard all year wanting nothing more than to NOT work so she could just be home with our 3 year old daughter during the day and myself, who works from home but on the opposite hours so we have childcare solved...we'd gotten ourselves into a bit of a routine that really was the two of us just doing our own things. A lot of "our own things" involved perusing user forums or the news online when we had time to relax. No internet? Brilliant. We actually sat and talked and enjoyed each other's company! Can you imagine?

I can't say more about it really. I almost hate to say what I've said because next year we might not get to go if they get as booked as they should. You just have to go. If the above doesn't convince you, check their rates - they are far less expensive for a big-chain box room at a hotel in Golden. Our stay, with the dog was $150 per night. They charge based on occupancy - not potential capacity of the space. Even a family of six could stay for less than the cost of a hotel room I'm sure.

Room Tip: This seems to be one of those places that you'll have to return to several times and try each of...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I am a 52 year old man who is taking a long wandering drive alone to clear my head between jobs. I made a reservation for two nights at the Quantum Leaps Lodge and ended up staying four. The setting is magnificent as the property is at the edge of a very wide and shallow river filled with snow melt that is surrounded by beautiful mountains. The grounds are heavily wooded with a great organic garden (which you can pick from) running down part of its length. The buildings are all of wood, each warm and interesting to see.I stayed in one of the TP's that has a fire pit at its center, which was a really great experience at night. It has very comfortable beds, so it is like being indoors, but the setting is incredibly unique and close to nature.

Most of my days were spent reading at the river's edge and cooking simple meals in a very well equipped outdoor kitchen. One of the features is mud, yes mud. It is much like the kind used in spas and guests frequently go to the river's edge and cover themselves with it, then stand in the sun or laze on a mat until it dries. It is a very freeing and relaxing experience.

I cannot say enough about the owners, Brian and Annette and the rest of their very interesting staff. Both go to the Eselan Institute each winter and learn more about spirituality and healing. Annette has studied massage there and I had one of the best that I have ever had.

From a spiritual experience, you cannot help but feel more connected to nature and all that binds us together. I have traveled extensively and this was one of the most amazing four days that I have ever had.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Chuck S
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The place is simply magical. On the river side, with all facilities for long tranquil stay.
The owners are extremely welcoming.
We took bikes, had hikes, and even met mother bear with two young bears !

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Our recent stay at Quantum leaps was only for one night as a stopover on our way to Kelowna but turned out to a pleasant surprise. If you love nature, you will love this place ! Gorgeous hikes down to the river, a beautiful 2 bedroom lodge, great hosts and scenery galore. If you don't like a quiet setting or aren't a big fan of the outdoors, this may not be the place for you as it is a bit of a drive from downtown Golden. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple