“Very disappointed”

Eleven22 Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Golden
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Original, modern, comfort food. Our chefs present a variety of local and internationally inspired creations, prepared a la minute and served in satisfying portions. Complete your dining experience with our inspired selection of wines, beers, spirits and house-made desserts. As a popular neighbourhood restaurant, ELEVEN22 reflects an easy atmosphere for people of all ages. Dinner for 2 or family/friends gatherings, our semi-private rooms hung with local artwork provide a perfect setting for any occasion. Watch the chefs create while relaxing in the bar/lounge area or enjoy Golden's mountain views from our garden/patio.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Granted we were there at one of the busiest weekends. However that is no excuse for our order being completely mixed up and dishes either switched or totally forgotten. Out of a group of ten no one was in the least satisfied with the meal. The food was tasteless, undercooked and sub par.

1  Thank farahs123

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice place for a relaxing semi-casual meal. Thoroughly enjoyed the olive and fig spread. The berry tart dessert was too die for - would recommend it in a heart beat.

The server was really nice!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Looking back at previous reviews I've written, it would seem I felt compelled to sing praise for Eleven22 the last time we were in Golden as well. That's how you know this place is something special. I don't have the time to write a review for every place I go, and I'll only make the effort if it really stands out. I'll say that I have pretty high standards when it comes to dining out. There are only a few places in my home city of Edmonton that I'll go so far as to recommend. If I could send people on a six hour drive to Golden to enjoy Eleven22 every time I get asked for a restaurant recommendation, I would. The atmosphere is truly like nothing we have in the city. Upretentious, laid back, relaxed - but offers a culinary experience for the pickiest of palettes.

We ordered lamb meatballs and the blue cheese fondue as appetizers and they certainly left us hungry for more. I wish I could take the fondue home with me! So yummy. I ordered the steak which was a great cut of meat, cooked perfectly and seasoned well. I also love that the wine list here is primarily Canadian. I adore Okanogan wines and they can be hard to find on a restaurant menu.

The atmosphere here, as I've mentioned, is laid back and casual. I don't need someone checking on me every five minutes - I've eaten before and I'm pretty capable of doing it on my own. I don't mind slowed down service, but some restaurant goers may want to bear in mind the "relaxed" pace here. I will also say that we are late diners - and on both trips we made here, the kitchen was out of a dish we wanted to order. There is lots on the menu, so it has never been a problem - and to me, that goes to show how fresh the ingredients and meals are!

We brought family here this time around, and this restaurant definitely impressed the crowd! We're not the easiest bunch to please, but Eleven22 did not disappoint!

1  Thank Vacation_Maven7
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I had a great experience at Eleven 22. The food was delicious and great service in a very pleasant setting. We had a berry trifle for dessert - so delicious. We were so impressed that we returned the following evening and had another fantastic meal!!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A group of ten we were. We were supposed to be four, but sometimes these things grow. One of our party didn't seem to like anything that was put in front of him. I don't know him well, maybe he's fussy. I ordered their no-cream mushroom soup. It looked like ground up rocks, and really needed cream to make it palatable.

I enjoyed the taste of my nasi gorang, but it was billed as having chorizo and chicken in it. One piece of chorizo cut into two. And by piece, I don't mean whole sausage, I mean one half-inch piece. If there was chicken, he was playing chicken and hiding.

My husband ordered calamari and said he enjoyed it. No one else at the table enjoyed theirs. He also had the pork chop which looked lovely but all the meat by the bone was red and bloody looking.

The service was very good and the drinks were reasonably priced.

1  Thank westfarmclose