“Huge helpings of genuine homemade German food”
Review of Glenogle Mountain Lodge and Spa - CLOSED

Glenogle Mountain Lodge and Spa
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Doris' cooking is fantastic! Everything is homemade! Huge servings, and oh so tasty! g
A great place to take young teenagers with hearty appetites. We highly recommend this
wonderful food experience.

1  Thank Nallie61

Reviewed 12 August 2011

It's a small and very private accomodation. I felt they need to hire staff but they cant afford it. So they look exausted and to be honest, the way they received us was scary. It made me think of the movie the shining, if you ever saw it...

Else than that, the backyard is messy, the road is made of dirt and there is dog and cat hair all over the place.

Reviewed 29 June 2011

We arrived at Glenogle late on a Friday and the owner, Doris, mad us a great home cooked German meal. The food was so good. We were stuffed after dinner but still had dessert and good thing we did because it was delicious. We ate there again the next night because after Doris' food, we knew if we went out, we'd just be disappointed.
All the food is good and the atmosphers and view make you want to move in.
P.S. If doris says she will ship something up for you... god with it, because you will not regret it.

1  Thank LoungingAround
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Doris is an excellent cook. We enjoyed 4 excellent meals during our stay and each meal was prepared according to our wishes.

One morning we enjoyed a feast for breakfast on the verandah while we watched the hummingbirds playfully chase each other.

We enjoyed fresh home cooked meals, generous portions, and friendly service in a unique dining room with a beautiful view of the mountains.

1  Thank susegad
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I cannot say enough. My wife and I stayed here, there are Hummingbirds all around and I awoke one morning and as I headed out onto our balcony a group of Deer were emerging just down the path clearly visible to graze. Our Hostess Doris prepared meals lovingly and I would highly recommend for the ultimate in accommodation and service.