“Great food, great beer”

Ranked #12 of 58 Restaurants in Golden
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great food, great beer”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

What more can you ask for at a pub?! The price was right, beers on tap are from within the region, and the food was surprisingly excellent.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Melissa J

Kelowna, Canada
“Best place in Golden to eat”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Great atmosphere! Awesome service and the food was awesome! We will definately go back!
The owners are great! The shot Ski is a must:)

• Visited November 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Super Beer Selection and Comfortable Atmosphere--& Yam Fries”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I first came to this pub to get free Wi-fi, as I often do. A fellow at another restaurant without Wi-fi recommended it. It was so comfortable here--it's like a small-town pub where they are glad to see you--that I stayed for most of the evening, working on my computer. I had wings (not as fresh as I'd like, but good), with honey garlic sauce. It was good, but I'm a sucker for naked wings with lots of salt, so I ate them mostly that way. On the other hand, the yam fries were really good. Just the right amount of crispy, and I always feel like I'm eating something healthy. LOL! The rest of the menu looks good, too. I'm guessing things are fresher at the height of the season, which is ski-time at nearby Kicking Horse Ski Area. There are good times to be had. Judging by the music, this must be a pretty happenin' place then. :) The best thing about this pub was the Mt. Begbie, Begbie Cream Ale...made in Revelstoke, a nearby town. I'm telling you, this was A#1 ale!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank KindraFromLincoln
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Patio in a parking space.”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We enjoyed a reasonably priced meal on their deck which is built in a couple of parking spots on one of Golden's main streets.

Visited August 2013
Bothell, Washington
“Good Pub”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stopped in for dinner and beer. The table we sat at was filthy. My nachos were huge and hugely delicious. My wife's Taps Burger neither one of us really liked. The fries were good. The beer on tap is mediocre, which is typical of Canada.

• Visited July 2013