“Great Oasis When Needed”

The Bears Den Burger Bar
Ranked #14 of 64 Restaurants in Golden
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Reviewed 3 October 2018

After a late start driving a moving van from Vancouver to Edmonton and finding a place to stay the night, the Bear's Den was a great place to sit down and have a couple of pints and a bite to eat.
The staff were awesome, very accommodating and friendly.
Food was very good and quickly prepared and it was after 9. It appeared as a couple of tour buses had been in just prior and they might have been swamped, yet the staff were still on their game.

I will definitely eat here again when next I travel this route.
Don't hesitate you will be rewarded.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We were greeted at the door. The host was friendly. The menu had a variety of items. There were 4 of us and we all chose different meals. Each one was very good. They even made us items not on the menu. The barley soup was excellent and we asked for a grilled cheese sandwich (not on the menu) and they made us one. We also asked for unsweet tea, Guess you can tell we are from the south in the US and they brewed a special pot for us. You have to try the mac N cheese it is wonderful

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Found this place as I was driving past. Decided to check into the hotel, then check out the restaurant. I got there and sat at one of the lower tables as the other ables were reserved for a bus tour. So I picked a table and sat down. When I put my arms on the table, it was really sticky, and not just in front of me, but the whole table. Anyway, I decided not to worry about it and took a look at the menu. I was kind of shocked at the prices. There wasn't a burger for less than 20 dollars. I decided to stay, as it was my last night of vacation, so why not splurge. I ordered the buffalo wings to start. They were also quite expensive, 17 dollars for a pound. Anyway, they showed up, and there was a dry rub on them. I've never seen dry rub buffalo wings before, so I asked if they could sauce them. They did, they drowned them in Frank's. They were breaded, so really not the greatest. So I was really holding out for the burger. I ordered the Mountain Burger, which sounded terrific. Banana peppers, hot sauce, cheese, jalapeno poppers an onion rings and chipotle mayo. When it arrived, it looked spectacular. I took a bite, and it was immediately apparent that it was dry and overcooked. Someone had put it on the flat top for too long, pressed it down until there was no juice left in it, and placed a very dry cardboard patty on my bun. When will people realize that a burger doesn't have to be dry and overcooked to be done. People, stop pressing the air and the juice out of the burgers. And a little less time on the grill, because it doesn't matter how much sauce you put on it after, it can never be rehydrated.
Overall, the service was reasonable. The food left alot to be desired and it was way too pricey for the quality of food they provide. Sorry guys, I won't be coming back.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Visited due to proximity to hotel staying at and enjoyed the meal greatly.

Gluten free options available including burger bun, which was not expected.

We both had burgers, which were tasty and quite large.

Wine list very good, offering some interesting choices.

Service was very friendly and efficient and food was delivered in good time.

We arrived about 17:00 and restaurant was quiet, but by 18:30 it was packed and people waiting, so would recommend going as early as possible to avoid disappointed and this was on a Wednesday evening.

Overall a very good meal and experience and would visit again if in area.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I had a chicken sandwich and my husband had an Elk burger. We both thought our sandwiches were okay. The service was friendly, but slow.