“Very good stay”
Review of Pomeroy Hotel

Pomeroy Hotel
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Fort St. John
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the hotel as the hotel room was clean and quiet and after a long day it was nice to get a nice clean bed to sleep in. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was very good. A great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
10  Thank Terence B
Nils B, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Terence B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a nice review. It is always a great opportunity to listen to our valuable guests, to give us ideas as to what we are doing right and what we still need to improve upon.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Hopefully we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Thank you again for staying with us and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was in Fort St. John on a business trip recently and we stayed at the Pomeroy Hotel. The hotel suited us very well for our needs. We also rented the conference room for a couple nights.

Here's my assessment of the positives and negatives:

Positives:
+ Large Suites - My room had a work area, a sitting area, a relatively large bathroom and a spacious bathroom.
+ Fast Wifi - I had no problems with the wifi whatsoever.
+ Starbucks - They had a Keurig machine in the room with Starbucks k-cups ... and it was included in the room price to boot!

Negative:
- Long Taxi Wait - Not really the hotel's fault but I think they have only three taxis for all of Fort St. John. We had the front desk call us three cabs (there were nine of us leaving for the airport) and we waited almost 30 minutes for the last cab to arrive.

Overall, the hotel was a great business hotel. The staff was friendly and efficient, the rooms had fast wifi and were clean. I would stay here again.

AHK403YYC

Room Tip: If you are in a rush, have the front desk call a taxi well in advance.
8  Thank AHK403

Dear AHK 403YYC,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and I apologize that lyou have to wait for a taxi. Unfortunately this is out of our control, as you mentioned.

Hopefully we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Thank you again for staying with us and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed in Fort St John due to business and needed a room that would accommodate my needs to complete my business instead of having to find another space. I chose a suite, the room was long in comparison to normal hotel rooms. The closet and large bathroom were near the door. There was a kitchen area with microwave, Keurig, sink and a counter style area with seating. Pullout couch, chair in the TV room then a separate by door bedroom with balcony.
I think my let down for the price was the internet speed, I wasn't able to do any work and ended up using my cell phone personal hot spot. Also the air conditioning was pre-set and with the weather in the area at that time, I wasn't able to get my room to a comfortable temperature for myself.
I was travelling with a small pet as my business was combined with the return from my vacation. It was $25 plus tax for the pet.
The staff were very professional.
Since the room had a kitchen area, with cupboards, it would have been a bonus to have some plates, bowls and utensils with a small bottle of dish soap for those travellers that like to prepare a small meal in their room instead of eating out for each meal.
I did eat at the attached restaurant, food was average, but good service at a quiet time of day. I did not experience the complimentary breakfast.
On arrival, the room numbering was a bit confusing. I walked back and forth in the hallway a few times only to discover the room numbers were out of sequence and further down the hall and around a corner the missing number appeared, something front desk may want to mention as my colleagues were also confused when trying to find the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank HEATHER S
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for the first time, event hough I spent most of my career visiting this town. Walked in the lobby and first impressions were good. Asked for a quiet room and got it, was far from the vending machines. The room faced roof top air conditioning units, window decor appeared to have full draw curtains and blinds but didn't. Night lights and air conditioner noise kept me up most of the night. It was a short stay, therfore I did not call for hlelp, but during check out the next morning I was informed of the peculiarities of the window curtain and blind design, Kind of late I thought to myself. Despite the discomfort, I would stay here again, knowledge is powerful indeed!

Room Tip: suggest request quiet room away from elaevator or vending machines
1  Thank 2stepRich

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review. Your feedback is essential in our effort to improve our service standards. I apologize for the curtains and the view. Please let me know your next visit to prepare another room type for you. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments so that they may be addressed. Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Pomeroy Hotel!

All The Best,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

First time staying at this hotel in Fort St John. We have 3 rooms... and all of them have different configurations... one with window facing some air conditioning equipment outside, one with terrible noise next to elevator... and you really don't want to know the third one ... the "corporate rate" that the hotel offers .... omg.. I can stay at a Calgary downtown hotel with the view of the Bow River..... stayed at another hotel with the same chain last night.... and all I can say is that I will never come back.... even if the hotel gives me a free room.

Room Tip: Don't know if they actually have a good room... we had 3 rooms and they were all terrible.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is nice though for the price it should be REAL nice. The front desk and room service support is excellent. These staffs are friendly and always offering to help. Previous reviews are spot on, for the price I would have suspected better internet and better HAC. However the free breakfast and comfortable beds make up for the other facilities shortcomings. The on site gym is spacious. The blackout shades could have been a bit longer; light streaming into the room under the blinds at 3:00 am is kind of a bummer.

6  Thank Dontwana
Nils B, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Dear Dontwana,

thank you very much for your nice review. We are always appreciate comments from our guest to improve our selves. Thank you!!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked this hotel because of the kitchenette. However the kitchenette is really a bar sink and a microwave. There are no glasses, cups, cutlery or dishes. The air "freshener" is horrible. Front desk staff are great, the room is clean and the bed is comfortable. There was a nice gratis fruit plate for my arrival. But there is no robe. A strange mixture of trying to do things right and overlooking some of the basics.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Nils B, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear MRE555,

Thank you for your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience. We noticed low scores according that you had not had any cutlery etc or rope. in your room. Our front desk team is/were happy to bring it to your room on request. Also our restaurant Just Jack's would be happy to serve you with everything on food or equipment which you like. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we improve our self. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist you with.

Thank you for choosing Pomeroy Hotel!