Upon arrival it was fast and we were in our room in no time. The staff at the front desk are friendly and want to help in any way they can.
The food was actually surprisingly good. The problem in the restaurant was the service. To be honest, one waitress was pretty good and friendly, but friendliness is not the problem it is that they have so many staff and to get one of them to come over and serve you takes a lot of time. I was pretty upset watching 4 girls talking and texting on their phones as we sat there looking at all of them trying to get one of them to come over. the hotel really needs to work on that part because it is a big turn off.
The food itself was pretty good. I have had far worse and I had no complaints,which is rare for me in a restaurant.
The rooms are very clean, at least the room we stayed in was very clean. I am a very picky person when it comes to cleanliness and to see the tiles all around the bath tub shining everyday and the sheets clean etc was very nice. Thank you for that because I did not expect it from a northern hotel.
If I go to Fort St. John again you can bet I will be booking where I feel it is clean and this hotel fits that bill for sure.
Oh, and the free breakfast in the morning isn't too bad either. Quite a large selection of food and I rather enjoyed it, so no complaints.
The one thing that this hotel needs to do is work with their restaurant staff (except the blond who is originally from Vancouver) because they need to move their butts, get off their cell phones and give much better service. It makes the hotel look bad and the locals don't think highly of your restaurant because of the poor service. The girl we got the second night did tell us she was new, but she knew nothing, not even how to make a drink. Train your staff before throwing them out there. The entire time we were in the restaurant that same new girl was serving almost all the tables while the rest chatted, texted and stood there, not even looking around the room to see if customers were trying to wave them down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northern Grand Hotel is located in the heart of Fort St. John, walking distance to the North Peace Cultural Centre, North Peace Museum and Totem Mall. The Fort St. John Hospital, Fort St. John Airport, Charlie Lake Provincial Park and Beatton Provincial Park are also just minutes away. To relax, guests can stroll through nearby Centennial Park or enjoy the North Peace Recreation Centre or the famous Pomeroy Sports Centre. Stay and experience Northern hospitality at its best! This Fort St. John hotel seeks to pamper guests while maintaining affordable rates. The Northern Grand Hotel is the premier full-service hotel in the Fort St. John area. Enjoy Your Stay! RESTAURANT CLOSED FOR SUMMER, WILL RE-OPEN IN SEPTEMBER. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Northern Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort St. John Quality Inn
- Northern Grand Quality Inn