“Good food”

Add it.
Forty Niner Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This place has some of the best food in fort St. John I like the saganeky cheese app. Good stake. It a bit pricey tho.there is big portions of food u will have some for lunch the next day.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Was really excited to try this place. Walked in to a small, dark, rundown highway cafe. A strange scent emitted from the walls; Remiscient of an old retirement home. Opened the menu only to find astronomical prices for mediocre Greek food and steaks. $25 for a chicken souvlaki plate and higher. Apps were on average $14. Between the smell, the atmosphere, and the prices, we opted out.

4  Thank Otowngood
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We had not heard of this restaurant previously and it is definitely a hidden gem in Fort St John! After checking out tripadvisor and seeing this restaurant listed we decided to check it out for Mothers Day supper. I highly recommend this restaurant, the place was packed, the food was delicious! My husband and I had the Greek platter for 2 and it had the best roasted lamb on it that we have ever had. The calamari was scrumptious! Not one complaint and trust me with my hubby that is for sure saying something! We will be returning to this restaurant and making sure our friends check it out to!

1  Thank Val B
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I went to this place based upon the reviews and because of the greek food on the menu. They had a special of beef ribs on the menu so I decided to try them since I don't usually find beef ribs available. The ribs were not grilled and were dressed in some sort of rub. It was edible. The potato's seemed to be stale and the veggies were so bad I spit them out. The bread was bland and tastless. So since the reviews were so good I figured that I should go back and try the greek food. I love good greek food and I've had it great restaurants and homemade. So I had high hopes for this place. I ordered the Spanakopita as an appitizer. The crust was soggy and the filling seemed to have some artifical cheese instead of Feta or ricotta. It tasted more like it came out of a box made with cheap ingredients. I ordered the beef souvalki dinner. The greek salad had some sort of artifical greated cheese and if it had any sort of dressing it was just bland. I was very disapointed because I love greek salad. The rice was just ok. The Souvalki was tasty and defnifinitely better that the rest of the meal. Both times I went in there were people who talked so loud it just made me want to hurry and got done. The restaurant is a family style restaurant so it decor is what you would expect. Either the people who wrote the execelent reviews are connected with the restaurant and puffing it up or they just haven't been to a good restaurant so they don't know any better. But they sure did a diservice to me by misleading me into thinking that this is one of the best places in town. In reality it isn't anything special or good and it way to expensive for the quality offered. I strongly suggest avoiding this place.

4  Thank D0llinger
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Best food in town! There is nothing they serve that isn't good. They are a bit expensive, but worth every penny and they have great service =)