“Brief Trip!”

Pomeroy Inn & Suites Fort St. John
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Fort St. John
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We drove up from Edmonton for a quick weekend trip.

My son has severe asthma and had no idea they were redoing the carpets until we saw the sign in the elevator. Three hotels and two hospital ER visits later, we were on the road back to Edmonton.

The one night we were there was great apart from my son's health. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic with an array of eggs, sausage, waffle station, fruit, and cereal - much better than the traditional continental breakfast of breads and coffee. I thanked the lady in the kitchen as she was running this room as a one man show with a smile on her face the entire time.

The room itself was fantastic with a full size stove, dishwasher, and fridge - if I only knew! The room was lovely, very clean, and a Keurig coffee maker with Starbucks coffee - BEST!

Our health issues were resolved swiftly and we are ever so grateful to the GM Doug and all the people who helped us get out of there.

Note to self: Next time we go out of town, ask about any reno's happening!

I would be delighted to stay here in future and hope we get the opportunity.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank SheensAndbeans
SBGeneralManager, Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Fort St. John, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Greetings from FSJ,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad that we were able to take care of you and your family. You were great guests that had an issue for your child and we both had the goal of taking care of your family! You are the one that should be commended!

Thanks Again,

There are newer reviews for Pomeroy Inn & Suites Fort St. John

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I travelled to Fort St. John with my wife, mother, brother and sister. We all stayed in the
Pomeroy Inn and suites. Our stay was especially good, because of the service that we received.
My mother is in a wheel chair and needed a modern handicap room, as she is nearly blind as well. We had been booked at the Stonebridge Hotel, but the handicap room they had was not
adequate, and the management and staff members relocated us to this place. The Inn is only
8 years old and was very roomy and clean. The location is handy to the Alaska Highway as well as restaurants and shopping. Our rooms all had a full kitchen with all appliances, plus a living room and separate bedroom, as did the handicap queen room. The Inn also has a comfortable place to eat the complementary breakfasts near the main lobby. Our rooms were very quiet and we really enjoyed that after driving 2 days to get to Fort St John. Thanks very much to all the staff for their help.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that we had were very quiet. The handicap room was large and had a handicap shower...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank stargeezer2014
SBGeneralManager, Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Fort St. John, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Good Evening,

On behalf of the staff at both the Stonebridge Hotel and the Pomeroy Inn and Suites, I would to thank you for your kind comments on both Hotels Trip Advisor pages. I am proud that the staff was able to come up with a good solution for your family. Our Company has been in business in Fort St. John for over 60 Years and the Hospitality that these teams deliver gets better everyday.

We love taking care of guests!

Doug P

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've been up to Fort St. John twice in the past few months to visit my husband who is working in Fort St. John and staying at the Pomeroy. The suites are very clean and I loved having full-size appliances plus a dishwasher! These came in very handy as I was able to prepare meals for us during my stay. Was also pleased that the hotel is pet friendly and was able to bring our dog along with me. The continental breakfast room is one of the best I've experienced in hotels and has an excellent range of choices. The hotel staff were all friendly and courteous. Nicole at the front desk went out of her way to assure I had a nice stay and even helped me carry my luggage out to my car when she saw that I had overloaded myself! Can't beat that kind of service!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank chuckerd
SBGeneralManager, Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Fort St. John, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Greetings,

We are so happy to hear that not only Bill but Bill's Wife both enjoyed the Pomeroy Inn and Suites. Your comments are very kind and we really do read and appreciate each review. We are really lucky here because we have great guests. I will also pass your nice words on to Nicole, she is a superstar!

We will eagerly await your return!

Thank you so much.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Traveling to Alaska without any reservations can sometimes be tricky. We were very lucky to get a room at this hotel. I had never heard of Pomeroy Inn, but it was one of the last available rooms in the town. It ended up being a suite which was great. Located near several good restaurants within walking distance. Staff was very friendly and they were even having a Wed. night reception for guests with free beer and pizza. The breakfast the next day was very good. We would definitely staff here again if we needed a room in Fort St. John.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kansasgirl8337
SBGeneralManager, Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Fort St. John, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Greetings From Fort St. John,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

You are right Fort St. John can be a tricky place to get a last minute room. Your best bet is to go directly to our brand web site as this is where you will find our last minute availability and our absolute best rate!

Even if this property is sold out, please call the Hotel directly as we do have other great properties in town and the staff is more than happy to help you find a room.

I am also glad you were able to join us on our Guest Appreciation night. Everyone loves the pizza and wings!

See you on your next trip through! and don't forget our eggs crack and our bacon sizzles early every morning for your free breakfast.

Thank you!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had a wonderful three-days in Fort St John, due to the excellent accommodations and service I received from Jess and Christina (Front Desk). The maids were also very accommodating and efficient. It's a pleasure to stay where you are taken-care-of by good people.

Thanks for the wonderful stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Gene P

Gene,

Thank you for your very nice comments about the staff at the Pomeroy Inn and Suites. We do have great people that work here and we have great people that stay here! It is people like you that make it a great place to work!

I will indeed share your comments with the staff and buy them a little treat in your honour!

We look forward to your next visit!

Take care.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel is my first choice every time I stay in Fort St. John. The staff is friendly, the rooms are always clean and quiet, and Wednesday's are customer appreciation night! The only complaint I have is the parking lot is awful.. Potholes and not really that big.

Room Tip: King suites are my favourite choice.. Every room I've had has been very clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Rae D
SBGeneralManager, Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Fort St. John, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Rae,

Thank you for your kind words. The staff loves it when they receive positive reviews! They also love it because I buy them Doughnuts..... anyway I am glad you like the Wednesday reception it gives us a chance to visit with our great guests.

As far as the parking lot, it really takes a beating with the long winters and is a constant challenge. As far as parking, we not only have our lot, we also own some adjoining parking as well so we always have plenty of free parking available.

Thanks for being a loyal customer and we look forward to seeing you for pizza on Wednesday!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our room was very dirty when we got there. We called down to complain, and they had to call a cleaner to come in and clean it after she had gone home for the day.
I dont know why they didn't just give us a new room.
I did email and complain about it. I was offered a free stay when i'm in FSJ again...lol.
That was a one time trip. I have no reason to go back there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Greetings,

I just read your review rating us from your stay last year. I would like to assure you that your comments regarding your stay are very much on my mind. I will be reviewing the concerns with my team and we will indeed address each issue.
I was not managing the Hotel last year and I am sorry that you do not feel that your concerns were properly addressed.

I hope that if your future plans ever bring you back to Fort St. John that you will contact me so that I can provide you with a perfect stay!

Thank you!