“Clean and friendly!”

Delta Town & Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Delta
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The access through the Shell station was odd but once we were in the girl at the desk was very friendly and best of all everything was CLEAN! Great value at $99 with AAA/CAA discount!

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here for one night after arriving at the airport. We were taking the ferry the next morning and this was a convenient place to stay as it is just off the highway and 10-15 minutes to the ferry.
We had 2 queen beds facing the interstate. We did not here the traffic while trying to sleep. The room suited our needs fine. We were provided a play pen for our son to sleep in. It was in good condition, no problems there.
In our room on the second floor the window opened all the way and there was no screen. If you have children be careful that they do not fall out.
We ate dinner in the restaurant and we enjoyed our meal. We had a nice view of the mountains(from a distance) from our table.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed here out of necessity during a recent business trip from May 26th to May 29th. The hotel I wanted to stay at was booked and this place was the next closest hotel to my training location. I was just in need of a quiet, clean, conveniently located hotel and this seemed to fit the bill. HUGE MISTAKE.

Several days before arriving at the hotel I had sent the on-site restaurant an email regarding my need for some sack lunches during my stay. I had also sent the manager and email asking for the name of a nearby spa that provided massage. I never heard back from either of them. Guess that should have been a red flag.

When I called to confirm my reservation I did make a request that they place me in a room with a mini-fridge if possible so when I arrived I was happy to see that that had been done. My room faced the interstate and the parking lot so opening the curtain to get some light in was out of the question and the lighting quality in the room was horrible. Very dreary and gave off an orangish glow. The room was very outdated. Huge old school TV (no movie channels no premium channels) orange and green comforter, really outdated "art work." No welcome guide/card that explained hours of pool, fitness center or restaurant (none of that info was listed on their website either). A positive, the windows were thick enough that I could not hear traffic noise and internet was free.

The room was dirty. Obvious dust bunnies in the corners. The makeup mirror had heavy greasy smudges all around it on both sides. The light in the bathroom was burned out., The nightstand had visible coffee drips on it and was very sticky to the touch. Being tired from the trip I just went to bed and when I went to the front desk the next morning I let them know about the issues. No apology was made but the female attendant did write it down and say she would let housekeeping know.

That night when I returned to the hotel there were kids everywhere yelling, screaming, running. No parents in sight. I returned to my room and could easily hear the kids yelling, running up and down the hall, slamming doors. I was disappointed to see that the nightstand was still dirty. Housekeeping had also failed to leave any coffee for the in-room coffee maker. The other two issues were resolved but the ice bucket had not been emptied and the condensation had left a huge puddle on the microwave and had run down onto the floor. I cleaned up the pudddle and cleaned the nightstand myself (stains and stickiness came right up with a damp towel) and then called to request coffee. I was told I could come to the front desk and get it myself (just want I wanted to hear after 9.5 hours of extremely physical training). The yelling, screaming, kids running up and down the hallway, doors slamming, etc was continuing at that point (8pm) so I went to the front desk to fetch my coffee and asked if the noise was going to continue. The clerk laughed and said nothing. I told her I was serious and that the noise level outside my room was unacceptable. She said she would tell the chaperone so I went to dinner at the hotel's restaurant, Meadows (look for that review as well the place is not worth your time). When I returned from dinner the noise continued until about 11:30 p.m. when I was finally able to get to sleep.

The next night when I returned from training the noise level was even worse. Apparently there had a been a wedding and some guests were spending the night? Adults were yelling, screaming, pounding on doors, running up and down the hallway and seemed intent on standing outside my door and carrying on loud drunken conversations. There were beer bottles and beer cans on the floor in the hallway and in the ice maker (I had to move them to get ice). People were POUNDING on my door looking for their friends. Each time I would start to fall asleep I would be jarred awake by more screaming, slamming doors, people running up and down the hall shouting. Between 10 pm and 1 am I called the front desk 6 times to complain. Each time I was told by the male attendant that he would take care of it. I did ask if they were going to move me or move the party people and was again told that he would take care of it. I did hear him knock loudly on a door and tell the people inside to hold it down. It made no difference though .The noise continued. The last time I called at 1 I explained that I had to be up at 4:30 and if he didn't get control of the situation I would call the police (the pounding on my door was unnerving. I am female and was traveling solo). He said he could open up another room for me. I explained to him I literally had 7 bags (the training I was at requires extensive gear and equipment) and he said I could leave my stuff and just sleep in the other room. I told him there was no way I was leaving my belongings alone in a room when there were drunks running around and where there was clearly no security. I told him I was calling the police and hung up. Before I could dial he called back, apologized and said he would take care of it. A little while later he called back and said the problem people had been moved to the lobby(?) and would not be a problem any further. It was quiet after that. This was 1:30 am.

I got less than 4 hours of sleep and when I went down to check out the front desk clerk said she had heard there were some problems the night before. I told her that was an understatement. She said she could not do anything about that since I had paid through Expedia (working that issue right now). She then tried to charge me for a meal I had had billed to my room. I told her there was no way I was paying for the meal. It was less than $17 and that was the least they could do. She said "oh yes, of course" and removed the meal from my bill. There was no apology for any of the problems.

When I went out to start my car I had a dead battery and I had no jumper cables (my bad they were in my garage back home). The staff had no cables and they of course had no portable jump box. I am a AAA member but they said it would take 45 min and I couldn't be late to training. I had to ask the front desk to call a cab and ended up paying the cabbie $20 for a jump.

The housekeeping issues were tolerable. The fact that it took a threat to call the police for them to take care of the problem guests was unacceptable. That they have no security personnel, no security mirrors, no security cameras etc was unacceptable. The fact that I had drunks pounding on my door was unacceptable. That I received no apology and that when I first complained that someone didn't immediately offer to move me and help me with my bags was also unacceptable. I am extremely well traveled (solo, with my husband, business and pleasure, international) and have never experienced such shoddy customer service and despite staying in lots of hotels that host weddings have never ever experienced such levesl of drunken behavior. Same goes for the out of control kids. I cannot believe they tolerate such behavior.

If you are thinking of staying here, don't. There are no redeemable qualities.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Kristi C
Reviewed 23 October 2010

The hotel is good for it's purpose - a clean bed, hot shower, and a good nights sleep on the way to somewhere. But don't drink the coffee in the restaurant. It's like mud.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Rosemary S
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I was greeted with friendly staff, and lovely pool and surprising quiet considering the hotel is by a busy road. Rooms good size and the hotel is ideal for early departures for the ferry

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2010

This is certainly NOT a part of the prestigious Delta Hotel chain, that was apparent immediately. But it is in Delta, B.C. The hotel appears old and has seen better days, and surprisingly, they expect the traveller to pay $4 hr for the wireless internet. How odd!! Room prices are in line with other hotels in the area, but whereas most other hotels around offer free hi speed internet and maybe even free breakfast, this place has neither. And at $4/hr the net speed barely qualified as hi-speed. They do have a business center with a computer and web access, but that is hardly as convenient as your own room. I am told the restaurant is excellent, however.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank calgaryal
Reviewed 13 January 2010

The rooms were fantastic! the staff was so helpful. Since it was our first time in Delta, they helped us out with dinner reservations (at the Beaches) and a great spa (Aquae Sulis Holistic spa). The hotel was easy to find and was close to everything! Best of all...it was quiet! Will def. stay there again!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delta
Bridgeport
Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport
Hilton Vancouver Airport
#4 of 23 in Richmond

Been to Delta Town & Country Inn? Share your experiences!