“fabulous dinner!”

Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Allegra Restaurant specializes in Mediterranean fine dining with a seasonal changing menu. The open kitchen atmosphere allows patrons to watch the chef prepare meals. An extensive wine, beer and martini list completes a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The food and service at the Allegra are both outstanding. The restaurant is small, and very quaint. The owner/chef Thomas Nay can be seen in the kitchen when you walk in and if the timing is right and he sees you coming in, he will greet you with a very friendly smile and hello. The staff are always very pleasant and cheerful making sure that you are taken care of very quickly.
Last night we were not that hungry and shared the stuffed chicken. While eating our meal I told my wife I could just have the vegetables as they alone were so good. The chicken was also outstanding.
We have dinner at Allegra whenever we are in Cranbrook.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Driving from Waterton Lakes National Park to Lake Louise. Decided to overnight..chose Cranbrook. Looked on Trip Advisor and found the #1 reviewed restaurant in the town. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED. Original menu..respectable service..tasty food. Would recommend when on the road to Lake Louise.....

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had the Privelege of having Dinner at Allegra in Cranbrook. Wife had stuffed chicken and I had pork medallions. One of the BEST meals we have ever had and we have had a lot during our 37 years of marriage. Can't believe this jewel is in Cranbrook, the Chef Thomas Nay would be succesful in a much larger venue. Service and drinks were also excellent.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have been to Allegra a number of times, and this did not disappoint. They are currently featuring local grass fed and finished beef, which was among the best I have ever tasted. The lobster bisque as an appetizer to share was delicious as well. Service and atmosphere were fabulous and I can't wait to come again.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we had to eat here. We were not disappointed. This is a small restaurant but luckily it was mid week - so seated right away. I love a place where you can walk up and talk to the chef while he is working.
I had the Watermelon Cold soup - to die for.....excellent and the ingrediants had a suprise that I had to interrogate the chef to find out the ingrediants, which he was very happy to share.
I had the chicken breast - exceptional preparation and plating.
The server was great, including recommending a wonderful local wine.
If in Cranbrook and you want an excellent dinner experience - go here.