“Always a Special Treat”

Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Allegra Restaurant specializes in Mediterranean fine dining with a seasonal changing menu. The open kitchen atmosphere allows patrons to watch the chef prepare meals. An extensive wine, beer and martini list completes a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We consider Allegra to be the finest restaurant in Cranbrook. We highly recommend this restaurant to those who enjoy fine dining. We do not eat out frequently , but, when we do, Allegra is a reliable place where we enjoy taking family and friends. They have never let us down with their delicious, creative, beautifully presented meals, with excellent service. They are also prepared to creatively offer an alternative when dietary issues present limitations. Bravo!!

2  Thank DavidPaul130
There are newer reviews for Allegra Restaurant

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The chef puts a ton of personal flair and care into his cooking, and it shows. The ingredients are nice and fresh, and I appreciate the extra creativity put into the flavour combinations. I've thoroughly enjoyed every meal I've had here.

1  Thank Kale1973
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were just passing through and were very lucky to find this gem! The meal was excellent from start to finish and the staff were friendly and knowledgable. The menu was varied and it was difficult to choose what I wanted since there were multiple items that I wanted to try! I was lucky to be given a cup of the butternut squash soup (rather than a full bowl) as a starter before my entree (Beef tenderloin "Cote du Rhone"). My husband had the ravioli filled with fig, prosciutto, and mascarpone in a Parmesan truffle sauce. The ravioli were tender and delicious. Of course I had room for dessert-yet another difficult choice from the list of house made dessert. The chef and his wife are the proprietors and deserve a huge amount of praise. I wish we were staying longer or that we lived in the area so I could continue to explore the menu. (A twelve hour drive is a bit long for dinner!) This is the first restaurant for whichI have been impressed enough to write a review. Keep up the excellent job!

1  Thank Kimberly T
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

What a terrific meal once again! We have never been disappointed in the many times that we have been here. The service and the food are exceptional! A must restaurant to visit!!

1  Thank gm1156
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I love cozy, intimate restaurants that serve great food and this place is just that! There were so many items on the menu that we wanted to try as they all sounded so yummy. We settled with the beef tederloin, lobster ravioli and risotto crab cakes. All were absolutely delicious! All the food that came out to our surrounding tables looked very appetizing as well. The interior was a little outdated, however, the service and food more than made up for it.