“Awful”
Review of Travellers Motel

Travellers Motel
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed 10 July 2011

The only good thing I can say is that it was cheap. This was a horrid hotel. Old, run down, NOISY as can be - we heard every single vehicle that went by on the highway. The heater made terrible noises and the room was tiny. The wireless did not work. Neither my husband nor I got any sleep at all. We will never stay here again - I'll pay a whole lot more to stay at a hotel where I can get a few hours sleep

Room Tip: don't bother.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Nanner2360
glennh9020, Owner at Travellers Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

We are disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us,we have invested much as owners to remodel and upgrade our investment.We would have been pleased to relocate you to a room that was more to your requirements if asked.The heating system is a hot water system and occasionally zonal valves will emit heat transfer noise,if the wi fi crashes we repair it as soon as we are notified that there are connection problems.Manager.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

clean rooms and good value, would stay there again

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Wow. The interior looks more like a business-class hotel room, not at all what you'd expect from looking at the standard motel exterior. Sofa, flat-screen TV, fireplace, fridge, even a whirlpool tub. It's amazing what a renovation can do. I slept well and relaxed well, and even decided to extend my stay a bit because I was enjoying the town and had a good home base here.

The only gripe I have is a really minor one - the TV set-top box is so slow that I just gave up trying to wade through the channels and instead kept myself entertained with the internet on my laptop. WiFi reception was excellent.

A friend recommended Travellers to me, and I'll second that.

And as somebody mentioned, the schnitzel house (Frank's) is within walking distance, and it's excellent.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Great value for the cost . Located on main St. and close to great restaurant [ Franks]

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hiram50
Reviewed 13 August 2010

I was quite impressed. I had previously booked and when we got there we were given our choice. We could have either a two bedroom on the second floor or a two bed room on the first floor. We choose the later and it was excellent. Came with frid, micowave, cooking supplies, nice table and seperate bathroom. It was clean, the beds were very comfortable. Even though it was hot outside we were very comfortable inside. Even though the highway was basically right beside us we heard no street traffic or any other noise for that matter. The staff were very friendly and helpful and recommended a wonderful restaurant within walking distance. The price was reasonable considering we were in high season. Would definetly stay here again. Thanks so much for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I wasn't sure what to expect based on the limited previous reviews, but after staying a night I can highly recommend this place. It's a well-renovated older hotel. Bed was comfortable, and the room had a fridge, microwave, decent-size LCD TV, free wifi, was clean, and had a very nice owner. The breakfast is pretty good with boxed juices and yogurt available in addition to the usual toast and English muffins. Certainly it's the best they can do with the small breakfast area. It's a steal at the price compared to what a lot of other Canadian hotels charge. Oh and the A/C unit actually lets you set the specific temperature, which I love. I marked the location down a bit just because it's on the main highway on the outskirts of town. Certainly not an exciting or scenic location, but no issues with it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2010

For the Holidays we were going to drive from Seattle, Wa to Edmonton, ab. The half way mark was Cranbrook and we were traveling with 2 pugs. after calling around to all the lodging that accepts pets most had a fee for our dogs. This place did not have a fee for the Pugs and the nightly rate was a great deal. The front desk staff was so frendly and we called a few days before to change our dates and they had no issue. the room for pets was eral clean and we made sure to not make a mess.
we would stay there again no problem.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business