“Very comfortable and economical motel”
Review of Travellers Motel

Travellers Motel
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Very comfortable and economical motel”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I stayed in 12 inexpensive motels during a cycling trip across southern BC. This motel was the cheapest of all of them but also the most comfortable and fuss free. Everything was perfect about this room, and the check in was lightening fast. An excellent inexpensive place to spend a night.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I was a little worried at first! What should I expect for $65 a night?? I was very surprised with what I got for my money. The room was a little small, but it had everything I needed. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was good and the A/C worked great. This is a little gem. I would stay here again while traveling through the Cranbrook area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yellowdukk
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We arrived in Cranbrook on July 20, 2012 and the owner was prepared for the arrival of 11 cars and 10 rooms. Checkin was smooth and efficient.
The motel is an older motel that is clean and well kept. The rooms are on the small side, some having kitchenettes. They have free wifi and a guest laundry. There was adequate parking for our cars.
We walked to a good restaurant just a block and a half away, and while dining a severe storm struck, creating significant damage in Cranbrook and the surrounding area. The power was out, but the owner was mainly concerned with the well-being of our cars.
After a couple of hours the power came back on and we continued a very enjoyable evening in Cranbrook.
I will recommend the Travellers Motel to anyone who visits Cranbrook.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mare H
Vancouver
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this Motel - once last January for a night and again in April of this year.
Great price - convenient to the highway and all fast-store chains etcetera. 5 minutes away from Cranbrook proper. for a working travelling person this is the Travellers Motel.

Room Tip: For better wireless reception ask for rooms up to 26.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Travellers for a couple of weeks. The service at the motel is exceptional. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Our room had a kitchenette which we used every night. If you are looking for somewhere affordable to stay at I would highly recommend the Travellers.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Mattlan
Calgary Area
Reviewed 1 August 2011

On the way home to Alberta from Washington we were in need of overnight accommodations in Cranbrook. With so many motels and hotels to choose from we weren't sure where to stay and a little leery of the choices available! This motel turned out to be better than expected. The room we had was smallish but well appointed with a very nice pair of leather (maybe faux) chairs and a new flat screen tv, nice soaps, thick soft towels and a nice bed. No icky smells, no bugs, no loud partying. And for the price, really really a great value! The guy at the front desk was really nice and helpful. A gem of a place when you need somewhere to stay! I feel blessed that we found it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone! Well, unless you are a snob and expect a five star joint, but if that's the case you are probably not even considering this motel!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank teamhudson
Canmore, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to take a trip out to BC and didn't book any hotel for our trip, we decided to wing it. After arriving in Cranbrook we started driving around and the first hotel we came upon was the Travellers. It didn't look that great outside but decided to check it out. The front desk lady was very nice and pleasant and said they had a couple of rooms available. When I asked the price I decided to look at the room first. Well what a surprise I got. King size bed, couch, flat screen tv, jaccuzzi tub and all the extra's. The room was amazing for the price. Needless to say we didn't look any further and took the room. We did not hear any street noise, they had a lovely sitting area out front with a community bbq. Also, they had a casino bus that would pick you up at the hotel and drop you off, free of charge. I would highly recommend this hotel and definately would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple