“I would stay there again anytime”

Travelodge Cranbrook
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I arrived there late not sure of what to expect. The lady at the counter was exceptionally pleasant, and helpful. The motel is older but the room was clean, did not have any odors, it was quiet, the beds was very comfortable. The bathroom was updated and clean, very clean. I have stayed in a lot of motels, here you get a very reasonable room for a decent price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank WayKee

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Nice surprise, having read lots of unfavorable reviews of EconoLodges across the nation I was hesitant on stopping in one. But the day had turned out to be longer then expected, so as I drove through Cranbrook BC at 8:30 pm I made a hasty, snap decision as I saw the Econo sign coming up on my right. Glad I did.

This place turned out to be very decent and reasonable priced. It did help I had a CAA/ AAA membership, $80 for the night.

The room was very adequate, and larger then had been expected. I found the bed to be very comfortable, oh and the bathtub was clean as in shine. I prefer bottom floors of motels and was fortunate to get one here.

The front desk was real accommodating and friendly both evening and day shifts. Super location lots of fast food and regular restaurants all with-in walking distance, big ole mall across the street with Target etc in it, movie theater in same mall.

Overall worth your effort if you are wanting to take a break and put your feet up for the nite or even a few.

If you know you will be coming this way during the summer I would recommend booking in advance as a place like Cranbrook can get very busy during the summer months.

Room Tip: I prefer the bottom floor as this is a motel with outdoor access, even though close to the main road...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed at this Econolodge while driving from Seattle to Calgary. The hotel was conveniently situated on the main road that passes through Cranbrook. The hotel is also close to different fast food places and some stores. The rooms are pretty old, but they are clean. Beds are comfortable. Staff was also very welcoming and friendly. The only problem that I had was the wi-fi. The connection kept on dropping and finally, after a few attempts I decided that it was useless to try anymore. Overall, a very good hotel, a bit old but still a great place to stay at for a few nights. There is an outdoor pool at this hotel but it was still to cold for it to be open when I was staying here in early March.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of bags and don't want to drag them up the stairs (there is no elevator) I wou...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I'll be honest, the only reason we picked this hotel is because we were due to drive up 93 the next day and this is the closest hotel in town to the Highway!
This place is really cheap but did exactly what we needed it to do: 2 rooms, choice of places for dinner within walking distance and a Ricky's on site for breakfast.
It would benefit from a bar however the liquor store is just across the street.
Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Turned out there was a golf tournament going on, so we went to Cranbrook. Actually twice within a few days -took a trip to Banff inbetween....
We like Cranbrook for the busy and noisy hub that is. And not too far away from the family we are seeing when in this area.
Kimberley is quieter and more luxurious -at least up on the hill. But also much more expensive.
We'd had a good experience with Econolodge in Kamloops on the way from Vancouver, so we decided to give this a try.
Smart move!! Nice and clean. Good beds. And even though we had a ground floor close to the main road, there was not much noise.
We've stayed in more luxurious places -and paid the price. But if you just need a place to sleep and shower, this is a good choice. And the nearby reataurant, where you get a 10% discount is well worth it.

Room Tip: You'd probably want to get as far back as possible. The main road is close by. But not so intrud...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed at the EconoLodge as it was the closest location to Kimberley, BC. Basic motel with basic ammenities. Decent rates and the motel was full. Location was central with a lot of food and services nearby.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Maxar
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Good price, quiet sleep & pet friendly. When I first arrived the staff was friendly and the room looked nice. BUT I moved a chair later in the evening and there was a pair of dirty socks just sitting there! That of course made me look around. There was nail clippings on the floor between the beds. I did check the linen seemed clean and the bathroom was clean.

Room Tip: Check the room before unpacking.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business