“Falsely advertised”

EconoLodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Not only was the room flays advertised (listed two queen beds plus sofa bed, premium beds and bedding) but the hotel was rundown, and we found a prescription pill laying on the floor!!
Luckily we found it before one of our young kids did.
There was no sofa bed and the bedding was stiff and scratchy. The beds were also old and hard. Air conditioner did not work either.
The atmosphere of the hotel was less then welcoming.
Would not recommend this hotel, the money you pay to stay here can get you so much more elsewhere!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel unless you want to stay in a low quality place
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Good value and central to amenities and across the street from the mall. Staff took the time to show us several rooms to fit our situation. Great price, friendly staff. Offered 10% off meals at Ricky's Grill for meals but there are so many along the road and within walking distance to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed there because we wanted to get our choice hotel reward. In my opinion it was a dump. No breakfast included. Price was about the same as the Days inn down the street that offered breakfast. I felt like it should have been a $50 per night motel. Pool was drained. Room smelled funny (couldn't figure out why). I am giving it a 2 just because it was pretty clean and I didn't see any bugs. Maybe I just caught them in the middle of a remodel. Staff was friendly though.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank damrph2016
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because
It was Late and we were passing through Cranbrook, headed to USA. It was fine. The breakfast we had a Ricky's attached to the motel was great. The breakfast
Cost as much as the room though. So my advice is if you can find a room for a few more bucks and get Free breakfast, do that instead.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I arrived there late not sure of what to expect. The lady at the counter was exceptionally pleasant, and helpful. The motel is older but the room was clean, did not have any odors, it was quiet, the beds was very comfortable. The bathroom was updated and clean, very clean. I have stayed in a lot of motels, here you get a very reasonable room for a decent price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank WayKee
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Nice surprise, having read lots of unfavorable reviews of EconoLodges across the nation I was hesitant on stopping in one. But the day had turned out to be longer then expected, so as I drove through Cranbrook BC at 8:30 pm I made a hasty, snap decision as I saw the Econo sign coming up on my right. Glad I did.

This place turned out to be very decent and reasonable priced. It did help I had a CAA/ AAA membership, $80 for the night.

The room was very adequate, and larger then had been expected. I found the bed to be very comfortable, oh and the bathtub was clean as in shine. I prefer bottom floors of motels and was fortunate to get one here.

The front desk was real accommodating and friendly both evening and day shifts. Super location lots of fast food and regular restaurants all with-in walking distance, big ole mall across the street with Target etc in it, movie theater in same mall.

Overall worth your effort if you are wanting to take a break and put your feet up for the nite or even a few.

If you know you will be coming this way during the summer I would recommend booking in advance as a place like Cranbrook can get very busy during the summer months.

Room Tip: I prefer the bottom floor as this is a motel with outdoor access, even though close to the main road...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed at this Econolodge while driving from Seattle to Calgary. The hotel was conveniently situated on the main road that passes through Cranbrook. The hotel is also close to different fast food places and some stores. The rooms are pretty old, but they are clean. Beds are comfortable. Staff was also very welcoming and friendly. The only problem that I had was the wi-fi. The connection kept on dropping and finally, after a few attempts I decided that it was useless to try anymore. Overall, a very good hotel, a bit old but still a great place to stay at for a few nights. There is an outdoor pool at this hotel but it was still to cold for it to be open when I was staying here in early March.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of bags and don't want to drag them up the stairs (there is no elevator) I wou...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends